My Grow Box

Goo Berry

Hi there all....

i am really new at this form but have been doing loads and loads of research towards my grow box. I am in South Africa so supply's are slightly hard to get hold of but slowly finding places that do supply the right items that i need. i would like to thank all the people here on this site who have given me hours and hours of information that has been a great help so no more further a due here is my design

My box is going to be made out of super wood and 2x4
I am building my grow box in a wooden out house (Wendy house) where i will run a 2.5mm electrical cable from the house to the grow box witch will have its own db broad. once that is all installed we will begin with the building of the clone and flower box. my Clone Box will be 1meter long by 0.5meters wide and 1.2 meters tall. inside the clone box will be covered in Mylar so that i don't need to get a hood for my lights. for ventilation i am thinking of going with 3 120mm computer fans for extracting the air and then 3x120mm intake fans and i will run ducting from on intake fan to my light in order to cool my lights and then have ducting attached to one of my out takes to pull air away from my lights. the inside of my box will have a isolating fan to circulate the air around the room and i am thinking of doing co2 but not sure how to make a home made co2 generator but i am open to any suggestions that come from this thread. i plan on going with hydro because i don't like the mess of soil and i think it is interesting on how hydro works so in my clone box i am thinking of butting a flood and drain system in but i have seem some already made flood and drain systems called airoflo if any one wants to know what they are all about email me and i will get you the link.

For my flower box i am going to be building the box about 1.2meters long by 1.2meters wide and 1.2meters tall (1.2m x 1.2m x 1.2m). this box i am going to be using 4x120mm fans for the outtakes and 4x120mm fans for intake of air. the box will be again covered in Mylar so that i don't need to use a hood. i am thinking of going with either 1x400w HPS or i can either go for 2x250w HPS or HID lights i think that the 250w will be better for even light distribution. i will again run ducting from one or two of my fans up to my lights so that i can cool them and keep my temps down. i want to use co2 here as well but will need some advice as i stated earlier in the thread. i will be making a carbon filter from chicken wire as i saw on this site was an awesome idea and works well. so for mounting the filter i was either thinking of mounting it in front of my out take fans to that it sucks all the air though the filter of to use ducting and place the filter in the corner of the room so that it does not interfere with my lights. i will as well put an isolation fan into the room to move air around the room

For both rooms i am thinking to get humidity i think that i will just place an open bottle of water to control humidity within the room. both the rooms will have tables in them for the plants to sit on so that it is easier to work on and cleaner. i was thinking of adding wheels to the bottom of the box just for better moving ability. i am thinking of doing 8 to 12 plants in each room.

I hope that i can get some awesome feed back and any suggestions that might help will be greatly apprceated and i will be doing my plans soon and will scan then in and send then to any one who wants to see whats going on as soon as i have got started on the box i will post pics so all the people who have helped me with there designs and pics can help me and see what i have come up with

Thanks again Hope to hear from all you soon :grinjoint:

Hi all thanks for the feed back well i have got my wendy house down out of the tree and just prepareing it so it is all clean and new looking so that i can not have any infestaions in my boxers and just getting hold of some cash inorder to get this moving but will be putting power to my out house soon have that money and the box so will put up photos once that is done thanks all and hope to get more advice

Back
Top Bottom