My Jack Herer is Bleeding?

All that info on color change is great! It's very interesting, but it has nothing to do with the images he posted or the issue of bleeding red plants.. My critical was ALL purple at harvest.. BUT the sap and liquid inside was all clear..

You are correct, you are missing that fact it was in reply to the statement made by Beans on anthocyanins and how he felt it related to his issue. I was showing how it related to veg/visual coloring more than sap coloring. Sorry you missed that. It also pointed out how ph and deficiencies can contribute to sap coloring. Phosphorus playing a big part. Most of us know that is usually what causes purple stems if not a genetic trait of the given strain.

There was relevant material within each post if you were looking for it.

As I see it we have established these facts so far.

1. It has occurred in other gardens
2. Frequency is very low
3. Root pressure is the reason it oozes/bleeds
(bleeding is a common term used in horticulture referring to what oozes from cuts and wounds on most plants, shrubs, and trees)
4. We understand there are 3 basic things in plants that control pigment anthocyanins being one of them present in sap.
5. We also know they can change color based on ph and nute content

So I summarize as it is a common scientific occurrence within the Cannabis species, within common botanical parameters. Also summarizing as a common occurrence with not so common color variations. Also meaning it is also not uncommon as it has appeared in more than two distinct places. Albeit rare.

We all know smoke when people refer to plants bleeding. We automaticly think of clear to milky ooze If this post wasnt here and i just posted why is my plant bleeding. people would assume that i am talking about the clear white shit that comes out....But on this journal WE as in all who post will refer bleeding as to be BLEEDINGok.

lol it is (common because it has occured in more than two distinct places) albert who the hell are you:rofl:. So being you like to refer to all these referances about common ....still laughing..

OK so your telling me if im on 420 mag here in cali. 1 other person is on here in china, and one more person is on here from lets say germany.

And i post this thread. the guy from china say hey bro that happening to me right know. the other guy from germany says dude me to. and then im going to through out what you like to call fictitious numbers but in all reallity are very reasonable. ok cali being a distinct place china being a disinct place and germany being a distinced place we can all agree on that. what if there is a few million people that have never seen this before in cali. and in germany there is a few million people that have never seen this before and last but not least WHAT IF THERE IS A BILLION PEOPLE IN CHINA LOLZ that have never seen this before. if you want to call that common YOUR SMOKING SOMETHING OTHER THAN WEED MY FRIEND....LOLZ THATS JUST SOMETHING WE WOULD HAVE INCOMMON IT WOULDNT BE COMMON!!!

quick update i went over to the club two of my buddies OWN. needed to get a lil different flavor. and i wanted to go talk to them about this bleeding thing. these guys are 50+ years old they grow in soil and USE LOTS OF SWEATNERS!
IMG_75221.JPG

IMG_75211.JPG

GRAND DADDY PURPS!

SO i walk inand the conversation starts like this... hey whats up....blha blha.
yea bro so i know you have been growing herb FOREVER. when you top a plant or take a clone has like a red sap or any type of fluids that has came out besides the normal clear color. No i cant say i have. well iv been doing some reading and my plant bleed red fluid...What red fluid.. yup red fluid... I have to see this. So we go to the back room i pull up my journal for him.....THE LOOK ON HIS FACE WAS FUCKING PRICELESS!!!!! I MEAN BAFFLED LIKE HE SEEN SOME TITS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!! BUT ONE THING THATS CRAZY IS HE KNEW THAT HIGH SUGARS CAN CAUSE THIS BUT YET HAS NEVER SEEN IT. He also said after i bud it i should get it tested right away.

My people i have asked a number of people with a combined experience of over 500 fucking year.... Smokes you have no idea of the amounts of strains i can get my hands on. If i go to two oF my buddies house alone they have 40+ strains combined.....TELL ME SMOKES WHY HAVE THEY NEVER SEEN THIS KEEP DIGGING THAT HOLE BABY ITS GETTING DEEP!!

This was my cousins Black Columbian Gold plant. He had the same concerns you did until a famous grower (U.G) told him that it was a keeper as well. He had taken a couple clones and all had the "blood", by the end of harvest time he didn't see any red after cutting. I actually talked to him yesterday about all this and he suggests taking clones because he hasn't had anything that tasty since!

Mr Big Beans
I have only presented valid data no conjecture or opinion. When I am drawing conclusions about something, I present it as a theory with supporting data. At the same time putting it out there for rebut. All I have seen is opinion and hear-say. I could easily do the same. Who's to say otherwise. As I have said all along it was never meant to be the definitive answer you wish to hear. It was to relate to you that you are not alone. What I have presented was to search for the why, nothing more.

You want to call it rare or NOT COMMON, go right ahead its your little corner of the world. I dont really care, I was into this for the educational possibilities and hopefully answers to your question. I have worked to help you, I had no reason to further understand this casual anomaly. But if you wish to continue in this research then by all means lets do it.

Show us some data please that supports or proves your theories. Help us understand what you perceive to be true. As T12 tried to explain its relative to you and your experience as well. If I ran only my personal data it would be far more frequent than others. Where as yours is the opposite.

I could just stand and say based on history alone it has repeated itself since the first discovered post in 2006. So odds are its more common than most are aware of. I have shown writings relating to it as well from times past. I look at knowledge of the the world collective, not my neighborhood friends and family no matter how you may revere them.

First question I would have asked them was do you ever pay attention to the color or even notice it. I would dare say they would answer no, negating the whole deal. therefore another reason the data is useless for it is relying on hoping they saw it. All a mute point now though. No way to verify any real data.

Common to all, by no stretch, that's obvious. It was never inferred either.

ok smokes good 1 but sence this happens to you more frequently than other can we expect a pic of this from you....well i want to give you a decent amount of time... how does a year sound. please post a pic of this happening in your garden within a year then i will be totaly satisfied....on that note. no i dont live in this magical realm where im smoking weed with the chesser cat and the catapilar from alice in wonderland . im sure if i get high and decide to climb on the roof and jump head first im quite sur i will:rip::). I just want to see pics pics pics 700 VIEWS AND ONE OTHER PERSON. WHICH WAS VERY NICE.

This was my cousins Black Columbian Gold plant. He had the same concerns you did until a famous grower (U.G) told him that it was a keeper as well. He had taken a couple clones and all had the "blood", by the end of harvest time he didn't see any red after cutting. I actually talked to him yesterday about all this and he suggests taking clones because he hasn't had anything that tasty since!

i think that is the best fucking thing i heard yet:thumb: I LOVE U FOR THAT POST.....hope my wife dont see that lolz):circle-of-love:

So i couldnt help myself i am doing some pepper seedlings for my wifes garden, and i topped the girl as much as she could possibly be topped. I decided to take this little tiny cutting from undernieth... when i took the cutting from the bottom of the plant she DID NOT BLEED..

So on that note we will definatly know if its in the GENETICS!!!

IMG_7530.JPG
IMG_75321.JPG
IMG_75381.JPG
IMG_7537.JPG

We will find out in a few weeks stay tooned!!:thumb:

hey whats up smokes nice to here from you i really dont feel like going through journals or really doing anymore reaserch on this crap. All i want to know if its genetics or not thats it. as far as wondering about whats going on with it i could care less. So im just going to post her growth, and at the right time CROSS MY FINGERS CUT THE TOP. im just happy im one of the people that has one. tell dude i said SWEAT!!!!!:thumb:

Beans I just kind of figure to continue for the sake of the community. As I have seen this question in other places I felt it was worth the effort for all to see as the 420 collective did it's thing. I do believe what you are experiencing now is commonly called apathy. Hence one reason why this trait goes unreported and talked about very little. People just dont care to understand, cause it hasn't affected the garden.

I believe it may be environmental and hard to chase. Not saying there may also be a superior yet speculative quality to the end product. I can say I do not recall any occurrence with an Indica dominant plant.

Without lab reports of any kind we cant do much other than speculate or mark/record occurrences. I was kind of hoping I guess a student of botany might come along and show us the light.

Meanwhile I humbly scratch my way to a higher understanding of things. Never stop learning and growing.

:reading420magazine:

Smokes really your killing me with your long drawn out explinations of why thing are the way they are. So when did pot heads EVOLVE into such philosophers. Does it make you happy to sit down and write on a peace of paper and spell check it before you post it, when its should just be a quick post. If it makes you feel better to sound like a NERD than by all means go for it. BUT ON THAT NOTE. MISSBUDD.. gave me all the info that i need my man so if you want to, just sit back and watch to see what happens or start a journal of your own bleeding plant. But if you want to post, post something that a NEANDERATHAL like myself understands... in other words keep it SHORT...thx smokes.

Big Beans said:
Smokes really your killing me with your long drawn out explinations of why thing are the way they are. So when did pot heads EVOLVE into such philosophers. Does it make you happy to sit down and write on a peace of paper and spell check it before you post it, when its should just be a quick post. If it makes you feel better to sound like a NERD than by all means go for it. BUT ON THAT NOTE. MISSBUDD.. gave me all the info that i need my man so if you want to, just sit back and watch to see what happens or start a journal of your own bleeding plant. But if you want to post, post something that a NEANDERATHAL like myself understands... in other words keep it SHORT...thx smokes.

Your going to diss on someone because they are more intelligent than you? No offense bud, but these forums are full of nice intelligent helpful members.. I'm not sure why you keep attacking someone who is just sharing information, but its bullshit dude. Chill the fuck out.

Back
Top Bottom