My plant is still in veg?

Supernova

Hey everyone! I am a n00b grower, so I am sorry if this is more obvious to you guys. My plant is 1 month and 2 weeks old. It has been under 12/12 lighting for 14 days and it still has not shown it's sex to me. I really want to know the sex as soon as possible since I can only grow one plant at a time. (It totally sucks, I know.) I have been told, and it still does look to be Indica dominate. So I thought that Indicas show their sex faster? Or am I just being way too impatient? Pics are of my baby. The leaves are some what curled because it out grew it's grow box there for a bit but I had my father-in-law over so I had to keep it in there for a little while. But now it's out of the box and has plenty of grow room. It still looks pretty healthy though. :slide:

420magazinepic.JPG
420magazinepic2.JPG

Any help would be great! Thanks! :3 :yummy:

Re: My plant is still in veg... wtf?

I'm a new grower myself so anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe sex can be determined during as early as a a week or 2 into vegetative growth. Look at the branch internodes (where a fan leave and branch come out from the main stem) to see if there are little nubs (males) or little hairs or buds (females).

Also are you growing from seed or from a clone? clones are always female unless stressed enough that they have grow male parts too.

Nevermind everyone... it has shown it's true colors this evening. It's totally male. :C God damnit... germinating a new batch right now. Does anyone know what I can do with a male that's awesome? I was suggesting clipping some leafs and pressing them on a canvas and paint a crazy picture. What do you guys think?

I am fairly new to growing as well, but I think it is way too early to determine the sex of that plant. If you went to a 12/12 to predetermine the sex, keep in mind that this can stress the plant to changing or becoming a herm. Happened to me with an early grow when I was impatient. Since, I have learned to use patience as a tool. Wait until you see the little 'balls' on them. The males will start to grow little balls or almost bunches of grape like clusters. Nothing in your pics can be any indication of sex yet.
Lighting is a big factor too. A plant growing with insufficient light can become male or herm, thinking it has little chance for survival it will do whatever it can to continue by creating pollen hoping to reproduce.

Back
Top Bottom