Need Advice. Plants Too Tall!

TheObserver

Hey guys-

I thought I could do it! I thought I could accommodate my plant's growth in flowering but it's getting too tall for the space. I got 2 Full Moon Sativas that are 25 days into flowering. This is a long flowering strain, 60-90 days. The ladies are about 5ft. One of them has slowed to a nice height while the other is pushing on like there is no tomorrow. Its been 1/3 of their full flowering time so I thought they would slow and stop vertically growing. Nope. I only have about 8" left above my light. So my question is, what do I do? I have never lst'ed or super cropped.

The way I see it is:

1. , I LST it by tying it down slightly.
2. I super crop it at the level of the other plant and bring my light down. What effect will this have?
3. I can tie it to the side which will essentially let it grow past my light. Probably a bad idea.
4. I can risk another couple days and see what happens but this thing has been growing an inch a day. Not sure I will win this one.

Pictures below. The shorter plant in the foreground is obviously the one that slowed. In general this plant has been slower to flower, slower to grow. The taller one in the back is extremely aggressive and the light is getting to it, leaves are starting to yellow at the top. But she is still happy overall.
I would love to preserve her natural cola but understand if I have to sacrifice.

Any and all advice will be extremely appreciated.

Plants about 1-2 weeks ago:
12740.jpg

Both plants in comparison with one of them reaching for the 600W. No!!
21831.jpg

Space left above light. 8"
31606.jpg

Either LST or super crop it.
I'd super crop the top to below your other plant and support the broken top and branches somehow, cause it'll stand back up pretty quickly. Just ready your support method first so you don't leave it hanging without a plan and it'll be fine. It may also slow it down just enough for your other one to catch up nicely. If you're not comfortable with that, just bend it over gently and either tie it down or weight it. Looks pretty healthy to me.
Looks bloody nice actually if I may say so.
Cheers n Peace

Thanks! I just super cropped the plant. Everything went great. No breaks. No tape needed. 90 degrees. The canopy is now beautiful and even. Hopefully the other plant doesn't get too far ahead while this one is healing! Interested to see how this will effect yield between the two plants. Nice little experiment.

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom