need help bent the main stem too much

sully508

i was doing lst on my plants outside and acidently snaped 1 of my big babies
she is 3 mo old and 38 inches. i wraped the opening with tape and used hydrogen peroxide at the wound.
the reason i was bending downward is because it got too tall. way too noticable. we've had alot of rain in june and all my outside plants are taller than i wanted. the rain mys them grow, actually stretch about 20 inches.
it used to be 18 inches, when i put outside. its now 38 and my other plant i put outside is 41 inches. i was able to bend that one down.
im worried about the one that i injured. it has a slinght tear going w/ the grain of the stem.

i was doing lst on my plants outside and acidently snaped 1 of my big babies
she is 3 mo old and 38 inches. i wraped the opening with tape and used hydrogen peroxide at the wound.
the reason i was bending downward is because it got too tall. way too noticable. we've had alot of rain in june and all my outside plants are taller than i wanted. the rain mys them grow, actually stretch about 20 inches.
it used to be 18 inches, when i put outside. its now 38 and my other plant i put outside is 41 inches. i was able to bend that one down.
im worried about the one that i injured. it has a slinght tear going w/ the grain of the stem.

It will be ok. I usually dont put h2o2 at the damaged part. I just splint tape and check on it in a few days it should be hard. If you find that the plant is hard to bend for LST then trying rolling the stem between your finger while pressing firmly (kneeding, sort of) to soften and and make flexible. Do for the whole area you wish to bend. Thuis is sort of a controled snap. it ususally reduces the risk of a snap and tear.

Plants are tough and if its not hanging on my a thread it should pull through just fine. I've snapped 2/3's of the way through the branch, made a splint with poly vinyl RO tubing and it came back just fine.

thanks mcbudsz
yea the top of the plant is now pointing upward.
the stem is still sideways. but there isnt any damage.
i know what you mean by kneeding. that makes sense. so that you dont rip it open, but still bending by doing little snaps.
thanks man i was worried. this plant should yeild greatly. im really counting on it.
and thanks for the info.
i checked out your journal that is sweet!

sully:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom