Too much air?

madsdad4ever

i have kinda smart bags lol walmart reusable fabric shopping bags i have 2 parts natures care organic garden soil 1 peat moss and coconut coir 2 parts perlite and 1 part water crystals i think the soil can handle the extra air i have a real small grow area a hutch type thing i gutted and modified roughly 30 inch wide 16 in deep 4 foot tall i have installed a 1/3 hp squirrel cage fan in the bottom back section the dang thing will blow the doors open there is little of plant movement but some the hutch thing is outside in my shop and it gets really hot this is why i am approaching the heat issue so aggressively so question is if i keep soil moist will my plants be ok with LOTS of air oh yeah 400watt led so not a lot of heat from light source i have put fan on timer thinking about getting a thermostat and relay to wire it up with

High Madsdad4ever

Moving lots of air thru the cab is usually a good thing but you mention that the fan is at the bottom of the cab? Best to be drawing the air out of the cab from the top and having fresh air coming in the at the bottom.

I have a fan controller that has a humidistat like the one for bathroom fans and a reverse thermostat that switches on when the heat gets to it's set point. It looks like this.

Fan_Controller1.jpg

A smaller version could be made with a plastic 3 outlet electrical box and will turn your fan on whenever the humidity and/or the heat reaches the point you set the dials at. I also have a ceiling fan controller, (not a light dimmer), plugged into that box that then goes to that big inline fan and controls it's speed. I just rigged up the speed control in a box with cords to be able to run it where I want. Have the same thing with a thermostat to turn a heater on and off when it's dark and cool in there.

Exhaust_Fans_01.jpg

The heat controller in that box doesn't really have a name but I opened it up to see what numbers I could find on it and found 3. Main one seems to be LR 17040 but there was also 10172 150 and 94468. A heating/AC supply should be able to figure out what it is. The humidity controller is just a regular bathroom fan type. You wire it all up like this.

humidist_big.gif

Hope that is of some help.

L8r

Back
Top Bottom