Need help picking a light & nutrients

Kushiest

Hey 420Mag,

I have recently switched from wanting LED lights to HID due to the LED lights being way to expensive for me to afford. I need all of your help in choosing a light, and advice on certain nutrients for different stages of MJ.

Discount Grow Lights - - 1000W HPS Digital Ballast, Bulb and Deluxe Reflector Combo- 120/240V

1000W HPS Enhanced bulb with ballast and reflector

What do you think? Can I find it cheaper locally? Can I find a better vendor? is a 1000W HPS made for 5' x 5' or could I essentially put it in a 4' x 4' and use an SOG setup to prevent growing into each other?

1000W MH

Nutrients:

Foxfarm Nutrients - - Bundled 3 pack - Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom Quarts

I really haven't spent any time looking at what nutrients I need. I just want my plants to be healthy and yield as much as I can get.

Going to use a hempy setup similar to JapanFreak for reference.

What about can fans?

just to address the nutrient choices, for hempy you use hydroponic nutes because it is a passive hydroponic system.

if you go with Fox Farm, be sure to get the "hydro" version of the Grow Big. The Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom are OK with either soil or hydro.

General Hydroponics 3-part Flora series also works very well in hempy buckets.

Not anything specific, they have cfm ratings, so you need to match that to your exhaust fan's rating.

I also like filters that I can take apart and refill myself with carbon when they wear out. They all used to come with screws for that purpose, but now some of them come riveted so that you have to replace the whole thing. Capitalism at work.

I just drill out the rivets, refill them, and replace the rivets with sheet metal screws.

Hydrofarm has a nice complete line of filters in lots of different sizes.

Back
Top Bottom