Need help seeds that have been frozen

zigzagburning

OK I moved across Canada in the winter(north west - south east) . I have seeds and on the trip across Canada it got really cold ,because traveled in the winter. I know the seeds were good had no problems to start. Now it seems they don't do so well. First i tried to sprout seeds in peat pucks but they seem that they didn't want to come up. I have inspected them and they seem to crack and root shown but that is as far as they went. Waited almost 3 weeks and they stead the same ,didn't turn black or anything but just stopped and paused at just where they suppose to jump up out of the soil. So I figure I would do the paper towel thing and waited for a long root to show and that only took 3 days. Put it in the new pucks and again they stopped. It never went below 26 in my tent and have them on a heat mat. Do they know in some way that it is winter and won't grow and they are waiting or what? It does seem odd to me that they are doing that. I had one just poked the soil ,got really excited then it stopped right when it was to poke out the soil and grow leafs. These are all high quality seeds most bought on line. I have put down some blue mystic and they are usually a strong plant but they done same thing.
Has any one seen this before and is there a solution they I might not know. I figure i would let the seeds sit before I try planting them which I did ,but may not be long enough gave them about 2 weeks to thaw out sort of speak.

Any Ideas ????

Back
Top Bottom