Need Help w. Drying/Curing

JuturnaSurvive

I pulled out two of my 3 plants on monday... (2 days ago) and hung them to dry... they seem to be doing well, I hung them upside-down with the roots still attached to take the rest of the water out... but now i need to know when it's time to cure it... i felt the plants this morning, and they are still pretty moist. I don't want to over dry them!!!! That'll suck ass, but at the same time, i don't want to under dry!!! HOW DO I KNOW WHEN TO CURE THE BUDS?? HOW DO I KNOW IT'S DRY ENOUGH? HOW CAN I TELL? HELP!!!!!

:peace: :bongrip:

You should cut the plants off at the very bottom of the stem where it meets the top of the soil. You shouldn't dry them with attached roots.

Also, hang them upside down in an area where you can put a fan on them or some other type of measure for air circulation. The buds will be dry enough and ready for curing when the stem snaps cleanly and there is no wet sinewy fiber holding the stems together. The stems should snap cleanly without much bending.

so is the stem going to snap off? or just listen for a *crack*?

Just crack.
I test the stem with my teeth by biting down on it. Your jaw is a lot more sensitive than your hands.
I do not use a fan. The slower it dries, the less time for curing.
I hang mine in a dark room at 50% humidity. Sometimes my humidity is lower.
Don't worry too much about overdrying, the curing process rehydrates the bud so you have even moisture through out the buds.
You should cut the roots off, they hold to much moisture. The roots are useless anyways.

Listen to Urdedpal, he knows what he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom