Need help with SOG grow

cannademik

420 Member
So I really like SOG grow and I'm trying to give it a shot..
I currently have a 4x8 flood tray and I bought about 50 6" square pots.. I for sure will get more. I currently have 1020watts of QB LEDs as well.

My veg room is basically a 4x4 with a 3x3 flood table and a 100w HLG and 240w kingbrite.

I popped a lot of seeds.. 19 female seeds and I'm trying to find the best one so I can clone, make mother, take cuttings and flower.. perpetual.

Am I supposed to veg out the females until I can take a couple cuts, clone and label them take the females toss them into flower and wait until I find the best looking plant?

I also read that some people take clones like first week of flower because of the stretching.. Anywhoo basically im trying to ask is, how do I find the best moms, clone, flower, rinse and repeat? Thanks!

Yes try to clone before flower and mark them. Doing on first week of flower tells you nothing about what each plant will do. What I do when I am in a hurry for start up is when they get to node five I cut each plant above 1st node for a clone from each, it will be like topping each plant so lets the bush began. The only risk of that is if you can't get the clone to root then you would have to wait for more growth but if you got cloning down to me worth the try. If not worth the risk then top at fourth node let them two spots grow out then take a clone from both of them splits so you have two clones per plant incase losing one.

When searching for a mom i like to veg until the plant has developed some nice side branches and clone/propagate the top shoot (6" +/-) and send the rest into bloom. If just sexing, I'll put the cutting in the bloom room and see what kind of flowers she starts to develop without going through the time and space of fully vegging a plant, then waiting for the sex and then waiting for the clones to root and veg...thats MONTHS of work!
However to see who performs best as a mature plant in a SOG I do the opposite and take side branches as clones and flip the main plant into bloom. Since you're searching for "the one" amongst many, Be sure to keep track of who is who!
Also, beware of sativa dominant cultivars who want to push out lots and lots of side branches, they will make your SOG table a constant pruning headache. On the plus side you'll have plenty of clones

Also, look out for leggy plants with too much stretch. When mature they're VERY top heavy and will tip over in the 6x6 pots. Mine were having to lean on each other for support. If your favorite plant from the search is a stretcher, i would send her to bloom once between 8-12" height.

Back
Top Bottom