Need me some nutrients

Both are 'bloom' type fertilizers, why is the Phosphorus element contained in both higher than that of their potassium counterpart? If I didn't know any better, just looking at the NPK ratios of both bloom fertilizers I'd reckon P was more important in bloom.
Not only what I mentioned in msg #17 but also the amounts of the N-P-K in the fertilizer mix that are water soluble and non-soluble. There could be two packages with one showing a higher number for the P however each of them is within a small percentage of the same water soluble amount.

They both will eventually supply the full amount as listed except the water insoluble P will take longer to be available, sometimes a year or more.

Now if that is not enough to get you to go back and look at the list of ingredients once again here is something else that I have found myself thinking about when looking a the list of ingredients and that is "What else is listed after the 3 macro nutrients?".

Example is a fertilizer mix might not have the macro number(s) I am looking for but the package also supplies some Calcium-Magnesium. Is the trade off worth it? The P or K amount might be a bit lower but I am going to use it once a week anyway so is getting the Cal-Mag at the same time easier than mixing up a separate batch?

They both will eventually supply the full amount as listed except the water insoluble P will take longer to be available, sometimes a year or more.
Yes I feel also there is alot of truth to that. Like the Roots Organics Uprising dry nute line I use has 3 or 4 Insoluble Nutes in it. Like the volcanic rock dust, and crab meals, shells also in bits.

That's why I am Wanting to experiment with Recycling my soil after each grow. Roots, soil and all. Good idea Or No? :bongrip:

That's why I am Wanting to experiment with Recycling my soil after each grow. Roots, soil and all. Good idea Or No?
It is the basis behind a Living Organic Soil. The plant grows, dies, and slowly returns to the soil it came from. While that is happening other plants are already growing.

If using compost that has small sticks and pieces of wood in it I will notice that it can take a year or more before those are gone. They are slowly breaking down and returning the nutrients that were used to grow them years earlier.

Back
Top Bottom