Need some help with my FF 70/30

Makeminefullgrown

Hello all, so I have two plants that are photos, an Amnesia and a Gelato OG, started from seed. I started in solo cups and at about 2 weeks moved them to 1 gal fabric pots….that was just a few days ago.
I am using Fox Farms Cultivation Nation 70/30 Coco w/ perlite.
I amended with some bat guano, kelp meal, myco, and a bit more perlite. So far, they’re looking good but coco is a new venture for me. I’ve heard all sorts of claims about the need for very very frequent waterings…..but my plants were watered when they were transplanted and they’re still moist….3 days later. So I haven’t watered again. The top of the Coco is dry but after about an inch or so there is plenty of moisture.
I guess I’d like to know if anyone else has used this medium and what kind of issues they may have had.
Should I keep the medium 100% moist or just water like soil??
I initially bought Coco Loco but discovered it wasn’t really coco and it had its own amendments, which I didn’t want.
I plan on keeping them in the 1 gal for a couple weeks or so and moving to the final 5 gal pots, then top, and flip to flower a couple weeks after….that’s if all goes according to plan. As for feeding, I’ll top dress mostly with some silica in the waterings and cal mag if needed.
Any help is appreciated…..
Cheers

Hello @Makeminefullgrown
Sounds like a decent mix and better to underwater than over, but the coco should take care of that
You are likely to need CaMg, less likely Silicon
I'd leave them in the 1gal pots for longer than a couple of weeks to build a root ball
Topping earlier is better than just before flip, I'd top asap then re-pot when you have good new shoots
Grow well :Namaste:

Hello @Makeminefullgrown
Sounds like a decent mix and better to underwater than over, but the coco should take care of that
You are likely to need CaMg, less likely Silicon
I'd leave them in the 1gal pots for longer than a couple of weeks to build a root ball
Topping earlier is better than just before flip, I'd top asap then re-pot when you have good new shoots
Grow well :Namaste:
Thanks for the good advice…..I’ll try to follow it and not boof things up.
Should I water this medium kinda like soil??? Meaning allow it to dry out to the point where the pot is light, then drench it?

Thanks for the good advice…..I’ll try to follow it and not boof things up.
Should I water this medium kinda like soil??? Meaning allow it to dry out to the point where the pot is light, then drench it?
I'm not familiar with the medium, but it sounds pretty light with the perlite so you can probably water freely, just not too often or you may get soggy pockets with mixes
Water only where you want the roots to go, not where you think they are :cool:

Back
Top Bottom