Neem Dip Problems

gmase22

Before I transplanted my clones and move them into my big closet I have been dipping them in neem oil. The clones I got from a friend had mites on them already and I have been following the advice from Jorges Medical Growers Bible. The last few times I have done this neem dip it has caused the leaves to turn kinda slimy. The leaves seem really thin and almost transparent. With my recent clones I transplanted yesterday and they started to look like this soon after. I have been sprayed them down with clean water trying to wash all of the neem off. Anyone know heard of this or know whats going on? Any advice would be great thanks.

when i used a product called Kplus Neem by organica it curled my leaves and damn near killed the plant. i salvaged by washing all the crap off and ended up using product called floramite and it got rid of the mite problem but plant never did totally recover from the k plus neem.
Wink

All products should be tested before full use. on on leaf or something. It would help avoid problems in the future.
I use mite-rid for mites and have for years. It's hard to find but only requires a 7 day period before harvest although I give it 2 weeks minimum to ne safe. That floramite crap is nasty and strong. The instructions even tell you to wait a month to harvest after applying and to use. Here is a snippet I took from the PDF the manufacturer puts out with floramite on application safety.
Capture1.JPG

I would have recommended spraying it instead of dipping. I never heard of plants being dipped in anything before. Also, how often did you "dip" these plants. Neem oil is only recommended to be used once every 7 days. Did you you use warm water with the neem oil? Did you place the neem oil bottle in warm/hot water before use? Neem oil solidifies at room temps. It's recommended to warm it up before use. At any rate, I recommend you spray your plants with plain ph balanced water every day for a week and see where that leaves you.

Back
Top Bottom