New Closet Grow Underway :)

Lubdub

Hello all, I'm about to set up my first closet grow in a 1.1mx1.1mx1.8m(h) closet.
I have 3 Bubba Kush seeds to plant, I got these whilst in Amsterdam from Greenhouse Seeds.
I'll be planting the seedlings into 18litre pots and i'll have them under a 600w Sunmaster Dual Spectrum Bulb thats in an air cooled reflector.

I'll be scrogging the plants as i'm trying to maximize the yield i'll be getting from them.
I was wondering, is this bulb too strong for the space i have? I'll be switching to a 600w HPS as soon as its time for 12/12.

My main concern is optimal lighting, as i think i have ventilation under control. Some information would be great or general ideas on how you guys would go about this in order to increase yield, would be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome Lubdub, from the sound of it, it looks like you've done quite a bit of info gathering ahead of time which is always good :love: Anyways, so long as you can keep the temps under control I don't see any problem with either lights you'd want to run. I think the minimum ratio for HPS/MH is around 30 watts per square foot so it looks like you're good to go.

Thanks for the reply! Great that sounds good, i'll make sure to start a grow journal up when the time comes.
I thought that pretty much covered everything, but whilst i was trying to sleep last night, something else came to mind - air ducts.
Would my intake need to be bigger than the exhaust? Or vise versa, I'll be using a rhino carbon filter 100m and a RVK fan. The carbon filter will be set up inside the grow room, so air will be passing into it and out of the grow room. I was wondering, would my intake system need to be larger than the exhaust - not sure how to attack this issue - some more advice would be lovleeey.

Cheers buds :)

I'm no expert in this, however, I'll give it a shot and say you want a larger intake than exhaust (about 4-5 times bigger) if we are taking about creating a negative pressure chamber (Passive Intake/Active Exhaust). My rational for this is how i cool down my house in the summer. Fans work better pulling air than they do pushing it. I get a couple box fans and place them in open windows on the second floor and simply open the windows on the bottom floor. Heat naturally rises and when you use the fans as a exhaust it creates negative air pressure thus creates a cool air current throughout the house bringing the cool air up to the second floor. Personally, I prefer the negative pressure because if you have leaks you are pulling in fresh air rather than pushing out delicious stank.

Back
Top Bottom