New Cookies I Created

Edzzed

I made some cookies the other day. What I did was take 36 grams and decarbed it. I then crushed it up to a finer powder. My plan was to mix it with sugar and just fill some empty capsules. I spilled a bit much sugar and when I mixed that up. I tried my 100 empty capsule filler machine. I had issues lidding them. I assume it was the grit of sugar. Wasted more capsules than it was worth so I figured just make cookies and next time use flour or ??? Anyhow I created cookies. I got 48 and thought they will be strong if they work. Did not know about baking killing the trichomes or whatever. So I eat 1/2 cookie. Guess I ate maybe 60% of it. Was messed up for a good 6 hours. So yesterday, I am doing up our turkey and stuffing. I eat the remaining 40% of the cookie. I get everything done and thought, Butter in croc pot. UGH. set everything up to filter it. I then poured it out of the crock pot into a strainer and realize I am losing all of the liquid to the drain. Did not put a bowl under it. Anyhow that 40% cookie impaired me pretty good.

I made some cookies the other day. What I did was take 36 grams and decarbed it. I then crushed it up to a finer powder. My plan was to mix it with sugar and just fill some empty capsules. I spilled a bit much sugar and when I mixed that up. I tried my 100 empty capsule filler machine. I had issues lidding them. I assume it was the grit of sugar. Wasted more capsules than it was worth so I figured just make cookies and next time use flour or ??? Anyhow I created cookies. I got 48 and thought they will be strong if they work. Did not know about baking killing the trichomes or whatever. So I eat 1/2 cookie. Guess I ate maybe 60% of it. Was messed up for a good 6 hours. So yesterday, I am doing up our turkey and stuffing. I eat the remaining 40% of the cookie. I get everything done and thought, Butter in croc pot. UGH. set everything up to filter it. I then poured it out of the crock pot into a strainer and realize I am losing all of the liquid to the drain. Did not put a bowl under it. Anyhow that 40% cookie impaired me pretty good.
I find it easier to just make butter. If you have crock pot you are golden. Decarbed pot cooked on low in crock pot with butter will do the job.

I find it easier to just make butter. If you have crock pot you are golden. Decarbed pot cooked on low in crock pot with butter will do the job.
That's the way I usually do it. If you re-read what I posted about trying to fill capsules with it and then just making cookies instead. I did not know what was going to happen as I decarbed it at the 240 and then with cookies, I baked it at 360. Guess What I am trying to convey is I did not need to make butter for the cookies. I also added a lot of spice and you cannot taste the cannabis. Amazing what nutmeg, cinammon, coconut, mint, and vanilla can do for a cookie

I have even used a pressure cooker to decarb, On the canning function, it heats to 240. Once they were decarbed I did a fast release of steam and then opened the lids to the 5 mason jars in it.

try infusing cooking oil while decarbing. Super easy and low mess.
I just fill a mason jar with herb, top it off with oil of choice (say canola oil, also works great with olive oil), screw the lid on, pop it in a COLD oven, turn on the oven to 240 for at least an hour, 2 hours preferred and let them warm up together.
Then turn off the oven and let the jar cool down slowly with the oven.
Remove when cool enough to handle, strain bud through filter into another jar and use for cooking!
If you don't want your brownies, cookies etc to have too strong of a weed taste I've found that cutting it 50% (when combining ingredients) with non infused oil helps with that. Otherwise I just use it with box mixes and substitute the infused oil! Should be shelf stable for 2-3 months

Back
Top Bottom