New grow room help

shadytrees88

Building two rooms in basement with a dividing wall one room will be 4 wide by 7 foot deep veg , the flower room will be 7 foot deep by 8 foot wide . I have 2 1000w hps for flowering and 1 600w for veg . My question is with the amount of watts and lumens per square foot is short of the 50w per square and 4000 lumens in each room . But my grow area in flower will be 5 x 8 and 4x5 in veg . The rooms will be wrapped in orca film . So do I need more lighting or what I have cover what I need I plan on running 10 plants veg and flower 60 day veg 60 day flower roughly .. or could I add a light mover to each room to cover my corners better and be good .. should I calculate the total room size or the grow area ... cause I seen setups online were the grow area was in the middle of the room but the edges was open for supplies walking Ect and was just curious how the wattage was calculated ...
my veg hood is Simlar to the raptor xxl hood and the flowering hoods r like the average hood not small but not the xxl .. any help be great thanks

SHADY_TrEeS

I think what you have in mind will be totally fine. It's very close to what I have going on, but just a little bit bigger.
I have a dimmable 600w for veg with an actual plant space of just under 4x4. The dimmable option is very good to have for veg because there are always lots of times I want to slow down growth or speed it up. It's never as simple and clean in reality as it is on paper, and there are many different reasons why I sometimes want to dim the lights. Everything from 'whoops veg is overgrown but flowering is still full', to those times when I end up only having a batch of young seedlings in veg and don't need 600w, to the times I go on vacation and want to slow down growth and water consumption.

My two flowering 600s cover a 7.5' wide by 4' deep space at the back end of a 7.5 x 7.5' flowering room. Not including a narrow center aisle between them. Here are a couple photos f that space. Each 600w bulb covers a space about 38 wide by 48" which works out to just under 50w per square foot. This has been my setup for about five years now.

Yes you count the wattage per square foot by the actual light footprint not the total room. With a reflector that footprint will be pretty clearly defined and moving the light up or down adjusts the available size of that lit area.

IMG_75449.JPG

IMG_55957.JPG

In her dim or change the settings on the flowering lights- I always stay at 600

Back
Top Bottom