New Grower having Problems

leroy953648

Hi to you all, OK im a new grower done a little bit of growing before, but now im going it alone and im starting to experience some growing problems. I hope somebody can help.

What Strain is it? Unknown Cuttings
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Unknown
How Many Plants? 3 Cuttings
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 4 weeks
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? 0
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor Grow
Soil or Hydro? 50% Clay balls - 50% Galuku Coco Growing Medium
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 70 ltrs
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 70 degrees
If Hydro, what type of Medium? 50% Clay balls - 50% Galuku Coco Growing Medium
If Hydro, what type of Setup? Wilma 8 Setup
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? 1x 600 watt HPS Is it Air Cooled? Yea kinda
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 85 - 90
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 6.5 -6
Any Pests? nope
How Often are you Watering? 15mins 4 times per day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? 150ml Canna Coco Nutrient A+B 175ml CANNAZYM
Size or Square Footage of Room? 24 square foot

Ok theres my setup above, i was told that it could be a nutrient definciecy, so i have added slightly more of the feed.

I have included photo's see what you guys think.

Regards Leroy
30082009089.jpg

02092009112.jpg

02092009110.jpg

02092009108.jpg

02092009107.jpg

02092009106.jpg

02092009105.jpg

02092009104.jpg

02092009102.jpg

02092009100.jpg

02092009099.jpg

02092009098.jpg

02092009095.jpg

02092009094.jpg

Thanks for the reply Hack, so would you suggest an increase in nutes?? i was using 105ml of A+B and have now increased it to 140 ml. would you say that would be the best solution?

I'll be totally honest with ya, I think this is a job for google or other people. I myself am doing a slow move into hydro. So until I trial and error my own plants, I wouldnt feel comfortable giving advice.

Yea unfortunatly the anolog thing is a PH tester lol, i spent so much on all the other equipment that i run outta cash, to buy the little essentials.

Im still learning with all this and maybe i have jumped straight into Hydroponics a bit too soon, but hey ho.

I have seen some cheap TDS meters on Ebay, would you suggest me getting one of those or a more expensive kind??

Ok im still having yellowing of the leaves so i got myself a nutriant meter, (bluelab Truncheon).

I have taken a reading and here are the results.....

EC- 2.2
ppm ECx500 - 1100
ppm ECx700 - 1540
CF - 22

As you can tell i havent really got a clue with these gadets and im hoping sumbody could help me.

Thanks

Thanks Gunja for your reply, i just refill as nessecary, added nutes to the specific instructions.

Im using 150ml Canna Coco Nutrient A+B & 175ml CANNAZYM, just for the veging stage.

Yesterday I measured the the E.C. and i got 2.2, I decided to flush the plants for a few hours. I then added fresh water and nutes and also added sum Revive to see if maybe that will help.

My P.h. is 6.8 and E.C. is now 1.6.

Really what i need to know is what is the perfect E.C. for veging and flowering?

My plants still look sick but i think i gotta wait to see if the revive has made a difference.

Ok im still having yellowing of the leaves so i got myself a nutriant meter, (bluelab Truncheon).

I have taken a reading and here are the results.....

EC- 2.2
ppm ECx500 - 1100
ppm ECx700 - 1540
CF - 22

As you can tell i havent really got a clue with these gadets and im hoping sumbody could help me.

Thanks

Thats a bit high for current size of your plants. I would flush and get EC to 1.4 -1.6 or 700 - 800 ppm (ECx500)

Also look into the Miwaukee PH 600. Its a fantastic digital pH meter for $21

EDIT: ok I didnt read your last post.. good lets wait and see if the flush and adjust EC make a positive difference for you.

I usually stay around 1.0-1.6 for veg depending on how far along the plant is. Then Bloom I stay around 2.8 - 3.0. Always start low and work up each res change to learn your threshold. For pH in hydro or soilless medium I stay around 6.0 for veg and 5.5 for bloom. Good luck

Thats a bit high for current size of your plants. I would flush and get EC to 1.4 -1.6 or 700 - 800 ppm (ECx500)

Also look into the Miwaukee PH 600. Its a fantastic digital pH meter for $21

EDIT: ok I didnt read your last post.. good lets wait and see if the flush and adjust EC make a positive difference for you.

I usually stay around 1.0-1.6 for veg depending on how far along the plant is. Then Bloom I stay around 2.8 - 3.0. Always start low and work up each res change to learn your threshold. For pH in hydro or soilless medium I stay around 6.0 for veg and 5.5 for bloom. Good luck

Hiya,

For Veg i increase EC as plants gets bigger, for example,, water from tap will have a certain amount of dead salts in it, usually .5(EC),, you half this so .25, and increase E.C. up to 1.1 max for the first 3 to 4 weeks, then next 3/4 i will increase to 2 or there abouts,, less is more in hydro, you can fix a prob a lot easier if its too little rather than it being too much, always lean on the side of caution with hydro.

Feeding times in hydro 15 mins every 2.5 hours in light and 15 mins every 4 hours dark cycle

You should really be adding fresh water daily, and keeping PH between 5.5 - 6.0 You are using 70lt so 4 literes a day and then every 7 days empty and start again, this stops mould and algee from forming, keeps the water fresh.
Also C02 can help a lot, a handy tip is to get a 4 litre tub/pot put in 3 litres of water, half pound of sugar,, stir well, then add two packs of yeast (don't stir0 Close lid, puncture 2 holes and inset tubing, do not let tubes touch water, run tubes around plants, and obviously have holes punched in tubes to let C02 escape around the plants.... Good for 7 days

EC & PM are just as important as light and temps.

hope this helps, all the best with your grow

My P.h. is 6.8 and E.C. is now 1.6.

If your doing hydro your PH is way off and is causing your plants to experience nutrient lockouts. Adding nutes or depriving nutes is like adding gasoline to a fire.

The first thing you need to do is get your PH down and under control to like 5.5 and then use the proper level of nutes.

also... 85 to 90 degrees is pretty high... 72 to 76 degrees is ideal.

Back
Top Bottom