New Grower

hi bro,
i use 3x4ft 38w fluresent srip lights and they do the job good for me just throw a few more in like yas said and that will do them for the first 3-4 weeks:smokin: ....

and just out of intrest......how far is the plant away from the light? :icon_roll dont want it to stretch on yas thats all mate. :smokin:

good luck :peace:

:icon_cool

Im hoping to put it outsid later.
The light is about 2 inches from the plant, but i got another light in there. so imthinking thats a decent distance.

well the plant stopped growing hieght wise, but the flowers are growing bigger, And one of the seed leaves wqas getting burned i found. So i moved one of the lights out a little bit. But otherwise the plant is going good.

A tip...Enclose the plant with tin foil so that there is little room for anything else. THis will make it so the light reflects all around and enhances the spectrum, in other words it will provide the plant/plants with maximum light of your...light.

blazendreadlock,
well the plant stopped growing hieght wise, but the flowers are growing bigger, And one of the seed leaves wqas getting burned i found. So i moved one of the lights out a little bit. But otherwise the plant is going good.

sounds like all's going good bro...after swithing to 12/12 you may of noticed that they zoomed off for a week or 2???this is what they call the flowering stretch.this will normally stop(like yours has)in the 2-3rd even 4th week of (flowering)12/12.

also good call on the light burn thing...if ya plants now look better then yas done the right thing :smokin:

BongHitsforME,
A tip...Enclose the plant with tin foil so that there is little room for anything else. THis will make it so the light reflects all around and enhances the spectrum, in other words it will provide the plant/plants with maximum light of your...light.

good advice on how to not waste any light by makeing the room smaller :smokin: but i would'nt go with tin foil as it can cause hot spots due to the fact ya cant put it on dead flat as it creases to easly.try useing mylar or as i prefer,,,,plain white walls painted with a flat paint(matt emulsion).also when useing white paint,it wont up the temp like the foil/mylar will. :smokin: :grinjoint:

keep up the good work blazendreadlock :smokin:

and that plant will reward yas :peace:

Bonghits, I was planning on actually spray painting the walls with this shiny silver paint i also use for halloween. Pretty good stuff i use it for the same exact idea. I just might do it to.

Colnel cropster, The plant isnt in the 12/12 light cycle, im still giving it 24/7 as shes only about 2 weeks old now. And not very big, Plus she hasnt grown mudh more yet. But ill keep that in mind when i go into the 12/12 life cycle.

update on the plant itself. The stem still hasnt gotten taller, but the leaves grew about a quarter inch when measured together it grew that over night last night in about a 9 hour period.......i need more light. Also last night i cleaned out my closet, so ill be putting th eplant in there when it gets transplanted and bigger.

Colnel cropster, The plant isnt in the 12/12 light cycle, im still giving it 24/7 as shes only about 2 weeks old now.

well the plant stopped growing hieght wise, but the flowers are growing bigger

sorry,when you said the flowers were getting bigger i thought you meant buds.

stay cool

I tried to get yas a pic, but it doesnt show up to well. Cant even see it. But the stem got bent somehow, But it seems its growing back together. Both seed leaves pretty much are gone, one was shrinking and then got burnt, then the other one is now shrinking, but two leaves are growing in its place.

tell me....how many nodes does the plant have(sets of leaves)how tall is it?and also how old?

sounds like its due a transplant round about now.i normally transplant from them cups after about 7-9 days after the plant sprouted from the soil.

It has two Sets of leaves, the first two leaves of course, and two leaves that seem to be taking over the seed levaes, its about 3/4 an inch. It would probally be longer, but i put the seed in wrong so i had to flip the seed around after a couple days, and i just really screwed it up for size. So theres probally aboput 2 inches of stem under the soil.
And its 13 days old.

right,im with yas.....well if its only that small then leave it until it gets to about the same size as that plant in the top left hand corner of the pic :smokin:

happy growing :grinjoint:

wll my plant is on the virge of dieing, i had a friend over so i didnt get to water it without him seeing, and didnt want to take the chance, so it had two days without water, so i gave it water in the morning today and tonight all the water was soaked up, sso im thinking the plant is still alive. I just gave it some more water in hopes i can survive the plant. The downfall is the plant shrivled alot, so its really small, looks like it lost alot of itself. The good part is its still a little green, and sucking up water, plus i thought it was dead and went to pull it out but it feelt like the root system definatly grew in there, as before the plant popped out once from easy tugging.. Is there any chance itll survive? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom