New Push To Legalize Pot Gains Traction

Truth Seeker

Two congressmen are behind a new bill that would regulate marijuana nationwide in the same way as alcohol and cigarettes.

"It would change the status of marijuana under federal regulation," said Joe Conason, editor-in-chief of The National Memo, on Jansing & Co. Friday about the bill authored by Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) and Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-Oreg.). "It would allow any state that wanted to legalize it, for medicinal or recreational use, to do so and not have the federal government try to stop that."

Voters in 18 states and the District of Columbia have voted for at least partial legalization of marijuana, specifically for medicinal use. Although Michigan's Supreme Court ruled Friday that dispensaries in the state can no longer sell medical marijuana. Voters in Colorado and Washington voted in November to legalize the drug for recreational use.

A Quinnipiac University poll taken in December shows 51% of Americans support legalizing marijuana.

"I think people have come to realize that prohibition of marijuana doesn't make any sense if you're not going to prohibit alcohol or tobacco, which I think most people now agree are more harmful than pot," said Conason. "I think people realize you're better off trying to regulate and tax a substance like this than trying to prohibit it and sending people to prison for this kind of offense."

Earl_Blumenauer.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: msnbc.com
Author: Bryan Weakland

If you legalize it.

It won't be worth anything anymore.

I understand the whole scheme of legalize and tax tax tax.

What about the people who grow it?

Do you think every average day joe is just going to start growing it in their houses in winter?

How will it effect the price of pot?

What if the government regulates and taxes it.
And gives the rights to the tobacco companies and big pharm?

Are we still winning? Or are we just made to believe we are winning.

There's a price tag if it's legal or not.. Which way do you want to spend?

I can't believe I have ever witnessed such a group of idiotic paranoid gun toting morons as I have watching the DEA discuss cannabis.

My GOD, do they really believe their own BULLSHIT?! Marijuana is a dangerous drug alright. Dangerous because of THEM.

Obama could do something about all this but he is a coward.

In the name of Jesus, leave Shaggy and Scooby alone!

As long as we stop sending people to jail for it. Who cares what the price drops to.

Back
Top Bottom