New Soil Recipe: Ratios

Niromight

420 Member
Good Day, i am looking to mix soil today for transplants & soon to be mother plants (Bruce banner #3, Do Si Dos, Gorilla Cookies, Gelato OG ). Can i use the same soil for all stages of growth? Can i use it for my clones in a couple of weeks? Here a list of products i have.... Any new or proven recipes would be greatly appreciated! 1st grow indoors. 1st time cloning today (Gelato/OG). Busy day ahead of me, but very excited!!!

HP w/ Mycorrhizae
Worm castings
Perlite
vermiculite
Dolomite Lime
Azomite
Glacial rock dust
Alfalfa meal
Bone meal
Kelp meal
Fossilized carbon complex (is this humic acid?)
Epson salt

Generally, yes you can use the same soil for all stages of growth. I personally would consider waiting on using epsom salt before seeing how the plant develops. A great alternative for more efficient cal-mag uptake from an organic perspective is using vinegar and finely ground egg shells. Now, I know your might be thinking it’s wildly acidic and the ph is way off, etc. however a multitude of videos on YouTube and around the internet will show that it actually neutralizes any ph and will not impact your water or soil whatsoever. Everything otherwise looks good, my friend. Look forward to seeing what you grow.

Look for some Crustacean Meal this is a GREAT source of chitin and also Calcium.

Go easy on the dolomite lime add more gypsum along with and/or another mostly calcium source. Dolomite has a lot of Mg in it. ITs OK if you add a lot more Ca so your Ca:Mg ratio is higher. So you would need another source of Ca like Gypsum flour or Oyster shell flour like that.

Bone meal - sub in fish bone meal and crustacean meal. Bone meal meh... nasty stuff.

Back
Top Bottom