New to growing

wildmanweed

i got a handfull of seeds, and am gonna start growing for the first time, and help would be amazing. iv decided to germinate them usuing the papertowl thing mentioned in a diffrent thread. but im not doing anything till im fully prepared. im starting out with 1 plant, so i dont use all the seeds, fuck somthing up and be out. so basicly my question at the moment is whats a ok-good light to buy for ONE plant. im not looking to spend 100s of $ on this, more like a closet grower lol. so what would be good for one plant, and how much will it cost. also after the seed begins to sprout and i put it in the soil (about 1-2cm deep i read?) how long should i keep the light on a day? (after it first sprouts) :420: :thanks:

Not to sound cheap, but is there any lights 25-50$? I typed in what u said and they were like 500-3000$......i cant afford that at the moment

Hi Wildman and Welcome to 420! The CFL's are perfect (imo) for 1 plant. But it's not quite as simple as that. There are 2 kinds of CFL's..Daylight for veg and soft white for flower. they need to be as close to your plants as possible without touching them..they will burn. the light from these bulbs comes from the side so you have to set them up so the side faces the plant and use a good reflector. 3 or 4 placed around your plant will work better than 4 placed over your plant. Hope this helps and good luck on your grow!

I found the best grow light CFL deal at Lowes , You can buy a 6 pack of 23 watt CFL bulbs for 15 bucks , Great deal and it beats out Home Depot prices on CFL's easily . The porcelin light bulb sockets are about $ 1.49 each .
The CFL bulbs at Lowes in 6 packs are avaliable in both Daylight and Soft Light types.
My Carbon filter I got a 18" X 36" from Amazon shipped total price $9.00 , that's big enough to make 20 - 30 fan cover filters .
Now that's how you start a cheap grow box !

i was wondering if i could use 5000k CFL's for flowering, i just spent 70 dollars on 2 85W CFL's and they are 5000k...

The daylight cfls have a higher k count spectrum in the blue light and are good for vegging more than flowering . Go to a lower k count type named soft light with apx 3000 k in the red light spectrum for best cfl flowering

Back
Top Bottom