New to outdoors need advice

masterofgreen

Young_female2.jpg

This is her so far.. Planted in a medium flower pot around the middle of February (north Florida area) but didn't think she was goin to make it bc i planted kinda early and had a couple low 30 nights she managed to survive..transplanted her to the ground maybe 3 weeks ago. She was one of 2 bag seeds..other is male. Plan on getting rid of him soon, starting to show baby sacs. But my girl seems like she's little thin maybe? I have fimmed her 2 times now. And her watering depends on this Florida weather..here lately its been pretty wet. Also noticed the little white hairs which convinced me she was female..and she's already developing a little skunky smell. Just looking for some advice and pointers.. Your feedback will be very much appreciated ..

Young_feMale_hairs.jpg

Idk if you can see the hairs that i do but at the top they're starting to come in..and i figured she needed more light. Thought about moving her but i don't wanna stun her or mess anything up. I have a better spot in mind but don't know if it would be a good idea to move.. I've used alittle fertilizer its was scouts brand tomato and flower.. Only used alittle when i first put her in the ground. Dug a hole maybe 2 foot deep and 1.5 foot in diameter ran into alittle clay but not really bad or anything.. I got miracle grow soil and pretty much filled the hole. Mixed in some of the soil that i dug out. But put alittle of the fertilizer in and mixed up before i put my girl in..but didn't want to put too much and burn her or anything. I've added alittle since but just sprinkled it ontop of the ground.. Should i try to move her? I was just going to try to dig a good ways around her and deep to try and get her outta the ground without messing up any of her roots... Good idea? Better way to go? Thanks for the help

Also today i am cleaning out my moms fish tank..and i was thinking maybe i could use some of the water that i take out the tank to water and fertilize her at the sametime.. Figured the fish poo would be good for her?

I didn't mean move her lol She's got a long season ahead but she's hasn't got a hell of a lot to feed right now so keep the ferts to a minimum and they really like the soil to dry out before watering so id suggest no watering until you get leaf droop as the soil itself thru capillary action will draw moisture from the surrounding soil as well so she may surprise you how long she will go before she needs more. Don't know about the fish poo your the first iv'e heard even consider it :bravo: Every other sort of sh%& seems ok :cheesygrinsmiley: I wouldn't go throwing anything at your plant right now tho she just needs more light for longer which the season will provide. You have a nice early start mate and a long season ahead she's going to be a beauty you should start a journal as id be interested to see her journey and i know others will too.

Yeahhh well ill just let her rest where she's at. I been kinda thinking about about moving her but i think as the days go on she will be in the perfect spot for alot of sun.. Just have to wait and see.. And yeah i heard that fish poo is pretty good..if i am wrong someone please let me know.. But i think she'll be alright with it. Like you said you can use every other kind.. And where is the best place to get stuff online? I've never done it b4 and still dk if i will but just curious, it seems kinda sketch to me..

Oh and another question... I was thinking when my girl gets bigger and healthier... Would i be able to get a clone from her and have a set up that's more controlled. I was thinking of maybe building a box? Or using the old shed that been on the property forever.. Thanks for all the help!

I havn't brought anything online so don't really know, im petrified of getting tagged that way but alot of people do with no problems just too much paranoia for me on my first indoor grow no reason you can't take clones off your girl in future, were you thinking of growing under lights in the shed as it sounds ideal ?

Yeahh i was reading about clones and how to do it.. When i planted my girl she was the one female out of 2 seeds. The other was male so i figured i would grow it and experiment before it flowers so i would kinda know what to do, or just some kinda idea.. But indoor grow now is outta the question so i tried to clone them in the same pot outside with no root hormone..

Male_clones_5-6-13.jpg

That was them yesterday, all i did was when i clipped them i let them sit in water for maybe 30 sec and put them in the ground making sure i compacted the dirt around the base best i could. I figured they were just going to die.

Male_clones_5-7-13.jpg

Think they might live?

They're a hearty weed mate and it wouldn't surprise me if they took no problem. I would make some sort of plastic bag cover if you wanted to help them out with temp and humidity but give them a fine mist a few times a day or when their leaves are dry as for until they start growing roots thats the only place they can sustain themselves from.
Looks like you did a good job cloning :goodjob: and believe it may take a while to root with low temps but try to help however you can and they should be fine.

Male_clones_5_11_13.jpg
Male_and_clones_5_11_13.jpg

This is today i think if they were going to die they would prob already be dead right? And as for the older male when should i get rid of it? Or can i just snip the sacs off and let it keep growing?

Oh yeah and this is my girl she seemed to have been getting little yellow but she's looking muchh better today.
Female_5_11_13.jpg
Female1_5_11_13.jpg

Added just little organic bone meal hoping to get better root growth. Only little was mixed into the topsoil.. When should i try to take a clone from her?

What do you mean revert back to veg? Its flowering now? I thought it was supposed to stay in veg until it flowered at the end and that's when all the buds came

It is Spring where you are ay ? as its all about light hours, approx 12 hours and less Daylight and they will flower, around 13/14 and more and it will vegetate. Im assuming that its early spring and your days (Light hours) are getting longer. Your plant has been in flower because the light hours have been, and are still short approx 10-12, as the days get longer say to 13/14 and longer your plant will revert back to vegetation. Ideally in spring you would plant out once the hours are already up to 13/14 these will vegetate all thru summer and as the daylight hours start to reduce back to 13/12 in fall the plant will flower. Hope that made sense bro and you see how that will affect your plant.

Yeah thanks man. It does make alittle more sense. Is there any advantage/disadvantage from it flowering like that now then switching back? Will it have any impact on amour and strength of the final product.

I couldn't say about the amour and strength as iv'e never let them totally reveg just pulled them and took whatever bud i had before it got too leafy. You could just top all the buds off once its starting to veg and see how it goes. As the plants normal cycle is to Veg/flower and die im not sure how much once it has been in flower that cycle effects reveging and its ability to backtrack and sustain normal growth and vigor. Hopefully someone around here does know though and can give you a definitive answer.

So your saying that I could just clip the buds off? That's kinda cheap.. Lol. Been paying attention Nd trying to take care of her and now she wants to go out early and try to leave me with nothing. I'll prob just let her grow and see what happens BC there's not really too much to get off her.. How will I know when it stops flowering and starts to veg again? And if I take a clone from her its going to be the same thing right?

Back
Top Bottom