New to the site! Need some advice

Topled panels? Hmm... I'll look into it.
You think the basement would be okay since my area is starting to get into the colder months?

I'm confused. Haha. SOG is our light setup in CFL, and the SCROG is the chicken wire. Is that what you are saying?
Sog & ScRog are two different growing methods used . ScRog is what you have going on using the screen to create tops . Sog you dont want many tops but instead you achieve the same effect using many plants none topped making rows of plants placed as close together as possible .

From your picture may i suggest you try to lay the lights horizontal . CFL light bulbs put out most their light out the side , so if you had the lights laying horizontal , and the reflector directly above you would be making the best usage of the light . Just food for thought for you . If you need let me know , and I can link you too many threads , and pages that will allow you to learn the SOG , and ScRog methods .

the reason i say a basement would be my option u can set everything to the optimal settings .. humidifier and dehumidifier and using a L.e.d u wont have to much heat so maybe a few fans to move air around .

Exactly Oscart. I thought he was saying my method of SOG was the SCROG method is all. Would I have to get something similar to a ballast to have them horizontal?

the reason i say a basement would be my option u can set everything to the optimal settings .. humidifier and dehumidifier and using a L.e.d u wont have to much heat so maybe a few fans to move air around .

That's true. I would just be afraid it would possibly get too cold. Would the humidifier and dehumidifier go into the tent/box with it? Also, with a carbon filter could I just let it run outside of the box or would I need to cut a hole in the wall for it to go outside? Didn't know if it would be safe without the filter connected to the outside....heck I might not even need a carbon filter. Might not be enough smell.
The plants I have now barely put off any smell until you open the box...even then its not that noticable.

u could always use a small space heater . and u can get small dehumidifier and humidifier.. cant remember your tent size .

lol i bought a carbon filter 2 harvest ago and never have hooked it up .

Yeah I've thought about a space heater... those things are known to catch fire and my luck I wouldn't know it until half the house caught fire. Ha.
It will be a 4x4 tent. I'm going to check out what you mentioned though.. the topled poles.
im thinking about a 600 light, some people say to use 1000 and that the plants love it...don't know how much of a difference it would make really with the space.

You could use a reflector , but there is also alot of D.I.Y on how to make CFL fixtures , that would utilize most of the light . All depends on how you want to do it . There was one made out of PVC that I wanted to make , but i started using hps before i got the chance

i would go with a sealed oil heater . no open flame no risk of fire .

You could use a reflector , but there is also alot of D.I.Y on how to make CFL fixtures , that would utilize most of the light . All depends on how you want to do it . There was one made out of PVC that I wanted to make , but i started using hps before i got the chance

I hear ya. By the time I get the material and get it put together it will be time to harvest. Haha. I'm still going to check it out. I have homemade reflectors on them right now with aluminum, but I do need a type of ballast for the.

Basement grows are the best IMO, always turns of space, helps heat the upstairs house for free (well its not free but you know what I mean) humidity is always easier to control and you don't have to worry about smell as much.
I have a tube heater in my grow room in case it gets to cold in the winter with my LED. They don't pump out as much heat so although I'm fine at the minutes I will have to turn the heater on some January!
Spiders can also do a decent job of wasting the bugs that may come after your grow. Good luck dude

Back
Top Bottom