Newbie Grow - Watch This Space - Advice Welcome

khanivator

Greetings, Friends, Romans and Countrymen :welcome:

Newbie grower here. Been following lots of posts on this site and thought I'd now join in and contribute:

I've done one grow, badly, but only with four girls just so I could cut my teeth. Going forward I hope not to make those mistakes again, lol.

OK, my set-up is:

Seed: Super Iced Grapefruit
Growing Medium: Regular topsoil, un-fertilised, plain etc.
Using 5 litre pots: 3ltrs soil, 1ltr perlite, 1ltr vercimulite
Food: Fox Farms Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom
Lighting:300w 8-band LED lights - actual power draw is 180 to 200w
Grow Room: Home-made "grow tent": A wooden frame covered in reflective sheeting (not the mylar stuff - this is black on one side and white (85% reflective) on the other. Approx 1m x1m x1.5m high.
Ventilation: the room where the grow tent is situated has a pair of 5-inch inline fans. Odour Control is through a pair of carbon filters. The grow-cube itself, as I call it, has a small fan on the inside just to keep the air moving about.

As of March 13th my seedlings are germinating. They'll be transferred to their grow pots (in the grow cube) around March 18th. Each grow cube will have 9 pots. I'll decide later on the combination of Low Stress Training and / or putting a net across the top at around 80cm from ground level. I do need to maintain a decent distance from the lights to the leaves to prevent the lights from bleaching out the leaves.

Down the line I can make more 'grow cubes' to experiment growing different strains and trying different techniques. The advantage of multiple grow-cubes is that I can manage each one independently in terms of veg and flowering lighting schedules.

Pictures and progress will be posted as I go along. However, I will ALWAYS appreciate help, advice, constructive criticism going forward.

Haha i am also still learning everything this site has to offer! I think you will have a grreat time here at 420 the members are wonderful advice givers and they have the experience for every situation. dont be afraid to ask questions!
:blunt:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom