Newbie Here + First Indoor Grow Advice Needed

empekay

Glad to be a part of the community now! If I'm posting this in the wrong area, I'll go ahead and apologize for it now.

I've grown outdoors for years, live in a very rural area with millions of acres of uninhabited forests all around (I'm not the only one, I've smelled plants that were not mine before on hiking trails). I started to try and grow indoors and I just started my first indoor grow and hope people can provide some advice and steer me away from bad habits and help me with my grow :)

I purchased some fem easy ryder, diesel ryder, and betty boo auto flowering seeds from seedsman.com

I'm growing just a couple plants for now while I try to piece information all over the web and I don't want to end up killing all my seeds off the bat lol. So I'm just taking it nice and slow while I get the hang of things.

Setup:

25 gallon blue storage tote spray painted flat white inside with a fan for intake and one for exhaust which is not currently set up on an activated carbon filter just yet.

3x Ultralast 2600 Lumen 42 watts (equivalent to 150w per bulb) and I have currently 3 betty boo seedlings inside in 16oz red solo cups w/ just potting soil. The bulbs are 6500k. These are the biggest/most powerful CFLs I could find.

I'm watering once the top of the soil appears dry and just giving about 1oz of water when that happens, seedlings are only 5 days old from seed. I've put holes in the cups for drainage.

Haven't used any nutrients yet, not sure what to use for my seeds. I used chicken crap for my outdoor plants, which burnt half of them and the other half had enormous buds.

All the seeds I got are autoflowering, first time growing those. I usually grow white widow/ak47/g13 outdoors so these lowryders are a first.

So here are my questions.

I currently have them on a 24/0 light cycle.
Once they start flowering, do I have to switch to 2700k bulbs and what should the light cycle be?
I've heard 12/12 to 18/6 and even 24/0 for both veg & flowering.

What nutrients should I use and when/how often?

With ventilation, I've smelled a single white widow plant from 75 meters away outdoors, with these low ryders, if I use activated carbon, how much does it reduce the smell?

Any point in time do I need to control the humidity? I have a ton of peralite from other expeditions ;-)

Is potting soil medium good for indoor growing? It's what I used for outdoors since most of the dirt here is red/orange clay.

Lastly, I'm going on vacation for 5 days mid October, suggestions on watering? I have a close friend who is also an "enthusiast" which I can let him care for the plants at his home but I want to try and avoid that as much as possible.

I would appreciate any tips and/or advice. Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. Until then, stay toasty my friends.

Back
Top Bottom