Hydro man

Hi I just joined the site as a 1st time grower, Im intrested in growing and have been for a long time been to my local hydro shop salisbury hydroponics to have a look around today they got a 1.2 x 1.2 tent setup with a wilma 4 pot but I want to grow in soil I think for the 1st time wot are your thoughts on soil v hydro also they recommended a metal halide bulb for veg and dual spectrum for flowering is this needed or can I just use a sunmaster dual spectrum throughout the entire grow also would you recommend advanced nutrients or canna in soil thanks guys

:welcome: Hydro man to the number 1 site on the web for cannabis awareness!
Hope all is well in your world.
Here are some links that may be of assistance to you:

New Member Start Links
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Grow Marijuana, Everything You Need to Know!
How to Resize, Upload, & Post Photos

There are other links below in my signature that you may also find useful.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
We are truly grateful that you have joined us!

Greenest Regards, :green_heart: :Namaste:
Beateo

Hi I just joined the site as a 1st time grower, Im intrested in growing and have been for a long time been to my local hydro shop salisbury hydroponics to have a look around today they got a 1.2 x 1.2 tent setup with a wilma 4 pot but I want to grow in soil I think for the 1st time wot are your thoughts on soil v hydro also they recommended a metal halide bulb for veg and dual spectrum for flowering is this needed or can I just use a sunmaster dual spectrum throughout the entire grow also would you recommend advanced nutrients or canna in soil thanks guys

Both AN and canna are good products. I'd recommend t5 for veg and hps for bloom check out my links for more detailed information.

Welcome and whatever path you choose good luck. And happy growing.

hydro = faster, if done properly it delivers high results but is less forgiving to mistakes
soil = much more forgiving but slower, depending on your brand some do not need much nutrient additives at all

both nutes are good as stated above i believe AN might be a little more popular

metal halide is best for vegetation stage but a good high pressure sodium will work nice through a whole grow
of course for flower you will want HPS for best result but a MH bulb will grow your plants
if you have the resources and set-up by all means use them both but if you want to save you should be successful with just HPS

reading and researching are good but experience is the great teacher
good luck and take care

Back
Top Bottom