No Flush/Pine Sol Flavor Normal?

cannalearna

I chopped down a plant without flushing, dried it out, and smoked it. I noticed a funny taste and smell. It tastes and smells like pine sol. I have used the following chemicals...

(In Soil)
Rooting Hormone
Miracle Grow All Purpose/Miracle Grow Bloom
Dolomite Lime
Garden Sulfur

Is this the normal taste and smell for un-flushed buds? Was it another one of the chemicals (like the sulfur)? I was expecting the smoke to be harsh, but actually it was very smooth.

Also when the buds are sealed in a jar they smell very strong like pine sol, but when the cap is left off they don't smell like that at all. It smells like commercial.

All ideas are greatly appreciated.

For the most part, what you are smelling coming from the jars is normal. These are the gases given off during the curing process. As they continue to cure this smell and taste will become more subtle.

Although...

MG is long lasting stuff. If completely dry, do the buds still crackle as they burn? This could be a sign of unflushed salts and impurities in the final product. :peace:

It's grey. It burns pretty much completely. The ashes will get sucked through the bottom of a glass bowl.

Thats a good sign. Then the crackling may just be moisture left in the buds as they continue to dry. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom