No Till Check My Recipe

Pondwater

So i follow a dude who has giant mofo yeilds. I had a coots mix.
But this dude pulls somuch i wana copy his recipie.
How is it not hot?
He grows right in it 2 wks on.
21 gal compost
7.5 gal coir
12.5 gal peat
3 gal EWC
3 gal black kow
2.5 gal vermiculite
2.5 gal permatil
6 gal perlite

3 3/4c - alfalfa meal
1 2/3c - aragonite
2 1/2c - azomite
3 1/3c - bat guano(N)
2 1/2c - bat guano(P)
1c - blood meal
5c - bone meal
1 2/3c - calcitic limestone
5 1/3c - crab meal
1c - diatomaceous earth/calcium bentonite
3 1/3c - dolomitic limestone
2 1/2c - dry molasses
1/2c - elemental sulfur
1c - feather meal
5c - greensand
2 1/2c - gypsum
2c - humic/fulvic
5 1/3c - kelp meal
2/3c - potassium sulfate
3 1/3c - rock phosphate
2c - sul-po-mg
8 1/8c - symphony

Looks like a good mix, I hope the grower you are following has instructed on proper cook procedures and duration for the soil mix. Looks kinda hot so I’d plant on at least 30 - 45 days minimum cook time.p, might work better with 90 days cook but many folks don’t account for the time needed or even realize that’s how FF and the big boys do it. Mix it up, water it in and put in a drum or tubs with a snug fitting lid for sweating. Obviously FF is doing huge batches and cook it in giant heaps, stir it with front end loader and bag it for retail after the cook is complete, without cooking it will have hot spots and not be nearly as effective.

Looks like a good mix, I hope the grower you are following has instructed on proper cook procedures and duration for the soil mix. Looks kinda hot so I’d plant on at least 30 - 45 days minimum cook time.p, might work better with 90 days cook but many folks don’t account for the time needed or even realize that’s how FF and the big boys do it. Mix it up, water it in and put in a drum or tubs with a snug fitting lid for sweating. Obviously FF is doing huge batches and cook it in giant heaps, stir it with front end loader and bag it for retail after the cook is complete, without cooking it will have hot spots and not be nearly as effective.
Yeah surprisongly he veg in pots 2 weeks and plabts str8 into it confused me too. But said the ratio is small bit diverse so it works.

Im cooking it 4 weekz anyways.
Running a coots while this cooks up

So i follow a dude on ic who has giant mofo yeilds. I had a coots mix.
But this dude pulls somuch i wana copy his recipie.
How is it not hot?
He grows right in it 2 wks on.
21 gal compost
7.5 gal coir
12.5 gal peat
3 gal EWC
3 gal black kow
2.5 gal vermiculite
2.5 gal permatil
6 gal perlite

3 3/4c - alfalfa meal
1 2/3c - aragonite
2 1/2c - azomite
3 1/3c - bat guano(N)
2 1/2c - bat guano(P)
1c - blood meal
5c - bone meal
1 2/3c - calcitic limestone
5 1/3c - crab meal
1c - diatomaceous earth/calcium bentonite
3 1/3c - dolomitic limestone
2 1/2c - dry molasses
1/2c - elemental sulfur
1c - feather meal
5c - greensand
2 1/2c - gypsum
2c - humic/fulvic
5 1/3c - kelp meal
2/3c - potassium sulfate
3 1/3c - rock phosphate
2c - sul-po-mg
8 1/8c - symphony

I answered this on on facebook for ya.

Too many inputs and many are crossing over and duplicating making things WAY more complicated.

IF you have coots mix amendments just go with that. I fill my flower room with flowers there's no more room for bigger yields and outdoors its insane.

There's that and have fun collecting all those amendments.

There are a lot of folks using Coots mix they just dont make a big deal about it on you-tube, my observation.

I answered this on on facebook for ya.

Too many inputs and many are crossing over and duplicating making things WAY more complicated.

IF you have coots mix amendments just go with that. I fill my flower room with flowers there's no more room for bigger yields and outdoors its insane.

There's that and have fun collecting all those amendments.

There are a lot of folks using Coots mix they just dont make a big deal about it on you-tube, my observation.
Facebook? Is my facebook on here?

It does not look all that hot and 2 weeks slow cook should be enough to get going. There are 55 to 60 gallons of base mix and only 4 gallons of amendments in the second list. Most of what is in that second list is inert and takes long time before the soil bacteria breaks it down to being water soluble so the plants cans take it up through the roots.

However, I have to agree with @bobrown14 that the recipe contains duplicate ingredients. Depending on where you are at some of them are going to be hard to find locally and I did a quick check and a few might be hard to find even with Amazon.

Out of curiosity, is your Coots that you are running now a mix you made up yourself or is it something you bought?

I figured he noticed you, or maybe it was someone else, asking the very same question while he was on facebook and answered there.

Lol - no your in a group on facebook and I remember your recipe you posted there and saw it here... maybe your a different person but your list of ingredients is exactly the same.

Either recipe will work.

Coots mix is easy and very simple with few amendments and already tried and true.

The folks that run the coots mix aren't the type of folks that like to blow their own horns on youtube so you wont see me on youtube blasting my 2.2#s dried trimmed in the can per 5x5 grow space with 600w lamps for example.

I use youtube for listening to music mainly.

Your other recipe from youtube overlaps amendments. If you start having problems I wood have no idea where to start with help other than suggest you get a soil sample done.
IF you're going to run that recipe I'd suggest a soil sample fer sure anyway.

There's enough people running Coots mix and have soil samples done so we know its tried and true based on many many people using it with success.

The youtube recipe... one guy hitting all cylinders. Great.

I'm not banging that just pointing out there's safety in numbers and I have a good deal of experience with Coots mix and know it works great. Try it outdoors in raised beds in the ground in containers indoors in containers.... it all works great.

Either recipe will work.

Coots mix is easy and very simple with few amendments and already tried and true.

The folks that run the coots mix aren't the type of folks that like to blow their own horns on youtube so you wont see me on youtube blasting my 2.2#s dried trimmed in the can per 5x5 grow space with 600w lamps for example.

I use youtube for listening to music mainly.

Your other recipe from youtube overlaps amendments. If you start having problems I wood have no idea where to start with help other than suggest you get a soil sample done.
IF you're going to run that recipe I'd suggest a soil sample fer sure anyway.

There's enough people running Coots mix and have soil samples done so we know its tried and true based on many many people using it with success.

The youtube recipe... one guy hitting all cylinders. Great.

I'm not banging that just pointing out there's safety in numbers and I have a good deal of experience with Coots mix and know it works great. Try it outdoors in raised beds in the ground in containers indoors in containers.... it all works great.
Ok i get ya.
So i reduce amendments
Compost. 35 litres. Garenteed food ready

Ewc castings 35 litres fed poo and veg. Diversity
from Pure Wormcast | Dobies
Biohumus 100%

Nutrients (mg/kg): Nutrients (N) 11422, Phosphorus (P) 8258, Potassium (K) 7173

Micro-elements: Fe, Ca, Mn. Mg, Zn, Cu, B. pH 6.5-8

Areation pumice. 40 litres

Areation 20kg rice hulls + buckwheat hulls
15kg clay pebbles and chittin coco

And irish spag peat moss 73 litres

Amendments

Neem cake - for next time worms
Kelp meal - for next time worms
Oyster shell flour
Gypsum
Bone meal to boost roots suitable for seeds vitax

Minerals
Basalt
Azomite
And 6 cups biochar

Water with my bubbled worm tea and microbe innoculant
Babys in 5lpots
Pot mix
Spag ewc lava rock pinch bone meal in bottom half of potmix with 1/2cup compost plain ewc n spag at top so she grows into the nute
2weeks sat on top of bed and then drop in bed with some mycor and barley

2 weeks in veg chicken poop top dress as bone meal runs low. If not green.. For nitrogen growth

2 weeks veg and it runs out.
Flower
Apply alfalfa barley corn soaked in water 24hrs with kelp fulvic bennies and ewc.enzymes and boost with
Bat guano pellet p
Ash pellet k

Dont need bone meal - get some crustacean meal instead.

Dont need azomite

Chicken manure is high is arsenic just an FYI. Pretty hot too.

Neen and Karanja I just add to the soil doesn't need to compost. I add some to my hole at up-pot all the time.

Dont need bone meal - get some crustacean meal instead.

Dont need azomite

Chicken manure is high is arsenic just an FYI. Pretty hot too.

Neen and Karanja I just add to the soil doesn't need to compost. I add some to my hole at up-pot all the time.
Arsenic was introduced to chicken feed in the 1940s as a way to improve muscle growth, fight disease and make the meat pinker. Most of the arsenic is excreted, but some ends up in the chicken meat.

This food was banned might i add but the myth still carries on chineese whispers.
I am a chicken owner and i heard about this years ago.
I use full organic dont even use soy or gmo feeds. No soy oils etc too.

Soils are contaminated with arsenical pesticides from chicken manure; chicken litter containing arsenic is fed to other animals; and until 2003,

Arsenic may also contribute to other life-threatening illnesses, including heart disease and diabetes, and to a decline in mental functioning.
Yet it is deliberately being added to chicken in this country, with many scientists saying it is unnecessary. Until recently there was a very high chance that if you ate chicken some arsenic would be present because it has been a government-approved additive in poultry feed for decades. It is used to kill parasites and to promote growth.
The chicken industry's largest trade group says that arsenic levels in its birds are safe. "We are not aware of any study that shows implications of any possibility of harm to human health as the result of the use of these products at the levels directed," said Richard Lobb, a spokesman for the National Chicken Council.

Chickens are not the only environmental source of arsenic. In addition to drinking water, for which the Environmental Protection Agency now sets a level of 10 parts per billion, other poultry, rice, fish and a number of foods also contain the poison. Soils are contaminated with arsenical pesticides from chicken manure; chicken litter containing arsenic is fed to other animals; and until 2003, arsenic was used in pressure-treated wood for decks and playground equipment.

Those at greatest risk from arsenic are small children and people who consume chicken at a higher rate than what is considered average: two ounces per day for a 154-pound person. The good news for consumers is that arsenic-free chicken is more readily available than it has been in the past, as more processors eliminate its use.

So if the manures a risk... U definatly never wana eat chicken.
U never want any chicken stock cubes

Did u k ownits used by some farmers on cropd classing it as organic?

Arsenic is a naturally occurring element that is found in combination with either inorganic or organic substances to form many different compounds. Inorganic arsenic compounds are found in soils, sediments, and groundwater. ... Organic arsenic compounds are found mainly in fish and shellfish.

Oh and did u know its in the other ingredients ur adding then? Shelfish have natrualy higher levels than chicken poo had when they added it

So what now? Lol

Chicken arsenic has been banned shellfish hasnt

Kelp
Seaweed is rich in arsenosugars

Does tha plant not metabise snd workit out?
I mean fulvic and humics are known for removing heavy metals toxins etc adwel as delivering many in chelated forms.

A person with toxicity csn take shilajit or another fulvic to detox and remove

Organic matter is important for controlling arsenic reduction and release under anoxic conditions.

China been studying fa and ha to remove arsenic andother metals from contsminatwed soils and water supplies.

Fish keepers use it to remove arsenic.

And rice has it in highest natreusl levels.. So no. Ore rice hulls or boshaki as thats made from nice fermentstion cultures of lactic acid?

Hydro growers and chemical ferts are at risk organic seems safe

Blame monsato scotts for problems we are
Organic growrrs have it right mitigating it
Chemical not

Che

@Pondwater spot on brother.

The reason I mentioned arsenic is that all the legal states that are testing weed for hoo-man consumption have a pretty high bar when it comes to arsenic. Even growing organic like I do I watch my inputs, make my own compost so I know whats going in and coming out.

I never considered chicken manure for composting. Like you said arsenic is an element. It aint going anywhere.

I do use kelp meal tho and kelp is a plant that is good at picking up all sorts of minerals from the ocean water. Its like a filter for the ocean. So source of kelp meal very important. We want the kelp from the cold northern waters where few people live.

@Pondwater spot on brother.

The reason I mentioned arsenic is that all the legal states that are testing weed for hoo-man consumption have a pretty high bar when it comes to arsenic. Even growing organic like I do I watch my inputs, make my own compost so I know whats going in and coming out.

I never considered chicken manure for composting. Like you said arsenic is an element. It aint going anywhere.

I do use kelp meal tho and kelp is a plant that is good at picking up all sorts of minerals from the ocean water. Its like a filter for the ocean. So source of kelp meal very important. We want the kelp from the cold northern waters where few people live.
Saw u say u did work with coot? What did ya do with him?

Im posting a post up in organics. If u know npks pkz come comment

New recipie

Ewc castings fed poo and veg. Diversity
Biohumus 100%

Nutrients (mg/kg): Nutrients (N) 11422, Phosphorus (P) 8258, Potassium (K) 7173

Micro-elements: Fe, Ca, Mn. Mg, Zn, Cu, B. pH 6.5-8

Worm castings 2 both to 35%
Leaf mould and grains fed casting

Areation pumice.35%
Extras.areation Coco clay ball chittin10%
Buckwheat n rice hulls 1
Biochar. 2cup
(increases areation})

And irish spag peat moss 30%

Amendments

Neem meal 1
Kelp meal 1
Oyster shell flour 1
Gypsum 1/2

Minerals
Basalt 3
Azomite

Extras.
Bonemeal 1/2 cup
Green sand 1
Frass 1.Coco clay balls with frass areation
Alfalfa 3/4 worms and hormones
Barley 2 worms n enzymes
Biochar 2 bio activity and areation
Buckwheat hull 2 added areation n worm

Bokashi500g. Canna leaves. Mix straw

Oh and im making 14 cu
7cu per container 4 plants each
Each plant has almost 2cu of food.
60litreish. May go to 5cu so 2cu it topup il stick it in the worm bin and pour it on in flower or somthing

2 weeks in veg chicken poop top dress if needed bone should be plenty

Apply alfalfa barley corn soaked in water 24hrs with kelp fulvic bennies and ewc.
Ash pellet

Saw u say u did work with coot? What did ya do with him?

Im posting a post up in organics. If u know npks pkz come comment

Yeah worked with Coot when he was developing his soil recipe. He already had it just wanted to get people to dig thru the inputs and made proper decisions. Sorta kinda like you are doing now.

Was working with him back in 2013 thru say 2018. Up until all the Bros skert him off the internet for whatever reasons. Too many to list. The big one was he saved me a crap ton of money and a lot of internet sites are here to make money.

No-till organic is about the cheapest and it works.

I pay for .... wait nothing. Solar powered indoors and sun powered outdoors. Hadda tractor some water last summer so I hadda pay for a little bit of fuel.

Back
Top Bottom