North Dakota Takes First Steps Toward Medical Marijuana Legislation

Truth Seeker

After just one day it's already one of the most talked about topics in North Dakota, but will there be enough signatures to put the legalization of medical marijuana question onto the November ballot?

The prospect of legalizing medical marijuana could soon become a reality. A Fargo state legislator turned in the proposed initiative Tuesday. Now, the petition needs more than 13,000 signatures over the next three months to make the general election ballot. Today, the public sounded off.

Judy Gartner - Fargo: "I think it should be on the ballot, let the people speak and then there won't be any more argument about it."

From the streets of Fargo to the airwaves of WDAY-AM 970; The Jay Thomas show blew up for nearly two hours on the pros and cons of legalizing the plant.

Caller: "As far as medicinal, I say yeah, go for it, if it helps somebody."

Jay Thomas — WDAY AM 970: "I think we're missing a huge, huge opportunity. I have never heard someone tell me that they know someone or they are someone that uses medical marijuana for medicinal purposes and it doesn't work, I have never heard that."

North Dakota would become the 18th state to allow for medical use of the drug. South Dakota has already rejected the idea twice.

Aaron Blaha - Fargo: "I think it's a good idea, but I would not think of North Dakota actually doing something like that."

Ultimately, the proposal would allow for patients with diseases like glaucoma and Alzheimer's to possess up to 2.5 ounces of the drug at a time, but it would be prohibited in any public space.

Donna Heck - Fargo: "I don't know it would affect me, but I think it might be worth it. I think there are people that do benefit from it."

The petition will begin circulation sometime after June 1st. Again, 13,542 signatures are needed before August 8th for the measure to be included in the November 6th election.

mmjjpeg.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: wday.com
Author: Bill Schammert
Website: North Dakota takes first steps toward medical marijuana legislation | WDAY | Fargo, ND

Back
Top Bottom