Northern Lights and Durban Poison, Nirvana

CharlesBukowksi

Hi all,

I'm a new grower with three grows under my belt. I thought I'd share a little smoke report of these two classic strains. Both strains are complete opposites of each other, one being almost pure Indica and the other pure sativa. These are both "low or lower odor" strains. (I'm stuck hiding my grow and need flowers that don't smell like Pepe Le Pew !)

Nirvana Northern Lights: (fem Photo)

I am totally in love with this strain! Although the THC maxes out at under 20% you sure could have fooled me. This stuff knocks me on my ass from a small bowl or a few small bong hits. The high is very enjoyable, tingly, and very relaxing, almost too much so. After smoking Northern Lights, I am on the couch. The smell is so nice, very pine and lemony smelling, a classic weed aroma.

Negatives? This is NOT a strain to get anything done! I've made the mistake of waking and baking Northern Lights and I wound up going back to bed! I would call this a night-time strain that matches perfectly watching Bob Ross paint. (ASMR and Northern Lights pair nicely---tingly heaven.)

One last thing about NL. The buds vary Wildy in potency, the tops will knock your socks off but the lower buds can be a little weak. It's harder to get your doseage right.

Durban Poison

Wow, this is so completely different from my Northern lights. I didn't think the difference was that great until I put two classics side by side. No question, Durban is like a shot of espresso and like Northern Lights, the potency seems to be much stronger than the THC listed by the breeder (around 18%). After taking a few bong hits, I find that I start doing things like cleaning the bathroom sink until its spotless. I have to remind myself to enjoy the high and clean the bathroom later, if that makes any sense. The smell is delicious, similar to Northern lights (pine and lemon) but it has a very nice taste smoking, something like anise.

Negatives?

Well, if I over do the Sativa, my mind is racing, heart beat increases and cottonmouth comes on strong (maybe cotton mouth is more of a sativa thing? I'm not a Sativa guy, so I take it easy with Durban Poison.

All and all I would grow both of these strains again, and having both on hand covers a lot of ground.. One for night and one for day!

You'd rather clean your bathroom when sober, lol?

Thank you for posting the strain reviews!

You'd rather clean your bathroom when sober, lol?

Thank you for posting the strain reviews!

I was not a believer until I tried Durban Poison. Before this little Indica/Sativa comparison, I really believed that the difference between Indica and Sativa was overhyped. I thought it was nonsense UNTIL NOW. The difference is really night and day. If I had to choose one strain, I'd take Northern Lights over Durban, but that's mainly because I'm a night-time smoker. I also think the high is really special and unique with Northern Lights, it's just a great high.

Last thing, I have some top shelf dispensary Runtz on hand now to compare with my homegrown buds. Although the THC is supposedly much higher with Runtz, both NL and Durban are keeping up nicely. The Runtz is a little stronger but not by much. I prefer the high from NL and Durban better than the dispensary Runtz high though.

Pics:

Nirvana Northern Lights
Northern lights.jpg

Durban Poison
DP.JPG

_DSC4249.JPG

Nice review. Sativa's are as you described. They are ideal daytime smoke provided they don't give you headaches when they wear off or make people paranoid. I have grown some pretty potent strains that have had a negative response from a few people.

You are seeing where the hybrids come into play. A littlemofmthe best of both worlds.

Back
Top Bottom