November's Marijuana Legalization Initiative: Imperfect, But Worthy Of Your Vote

I want legalization so bad but not at the expense of government control, a tax/bribe or anything else of that nature. We see how to government can not do anything right and continues to do what it wants to when it wants to. Also for those who think Obama did not know anything about these recent raids in CA.... I think that you are blinded by this bill. He his president and that would show to the public he does not control nothing and his people do not care what he says. I doubt if he would let that happen.

Are you kidding me sir... I am a Mexican republican with tea party tendencies.

No big government
less taxes
hold elected officials accountable with jail terms if needed
we the people instead of us working for them... they work for us
help for the poor with job training and schooling
school funding
death penalty for pedo's and violant offenders

Those are just a few of my leanings.

But the biggest and baddest... Decriminalization of Marijuana!

I am an Independant, and have voted both ways in my life. But as of right now, I may never vote for another republican !! ( the party of just say no ) And could never follow the tea baggers !! Bunch of phonies !! (ie Sarah Who ) They're all a bunch of crooks, and it'll never change in our lifetimes !! I lived in LA, for 15 yrs., about 35 yrs. ago, and I'm trying to understand how a mexican could except the concepts of the republicans ?? Are you shitting me, if that was the law, all republicans would be in jail !!

I don't care what side of the aisle you identify with, they are ALL self-serving, lying, hypocritical heartless bastards that only care about one thing...staying in office! And if you can't see that, just wait a while and you will see what I mean!

Democrats or republicans or independents are all the same... They lie,cheat and line there pockets with money from lobbyists. This country is going to hell in a handbag and very fast with all the knuckle heads that are elected...

Our Gov't are a bunch of sell outs and will do whatever for whomever pays them the most money...

They don't want to even protect our borders, they would rather leave the borders open for the illegals to smuggle drugs into the country cause they have a close tie with the Mexican Gov't and who knows what there getting from them...

Look around and you'll see things have been changing for years and not for the better for all the U.S citizens... Take a good look because things are only going to get worse before they get better

Yup and the same could be said for the man who is pushing and funding this bill:

Oakland approves massive grows; 275k per permit ... Rich Lee Wins One
The Oakland City Council isn't waiting for November to begin jumbling the legal rules. The Council's Public Safety Committee approved licensing wholesale pot growing Tuesday, 3-to-1.

KALW News reporter Ali Winston reports from that meeting that sponsors say the main reason for the proposal isn't revenue, it's safety (as their name implies): residential electrical fires more than doubled in the city in the past three years, and officials think there's a good connection between that increase and unregulated pot "grow houses."

That said, the committee proposes that applicants pay fees of over $275,000 per operation.

Approved by the committee and full City Council, four large growers would be permitted in the first year.

One grower said he embraced regulation but argued that the plan would force medium- and small-scale cultivators to close down, move, or "go back underground into the dark ages."

The ordinance doesn't yet set a limit on the size of the large cultivators

The plan also would permit Oakland's four licensed dispensaries to sell to retailers across California.

Last month rich lee purchased a 20 acre plot to build his new growing facilities ...

Again... it was never about legalization but a bill that would protect his business plan.

Can you say monopoly??? It was never about keeping people out of jail or people growing there own.

So with his new business... yes it will be pennies on the dollar for weed.

how much money have you all donated to try and legalize weed? Lee's a hero even after his 20 acre grow and other large commercial operations get rolled on by the fed. the publicity of which will only make a better case for federal legalization.

at least granny will still be able to legally grow her own, but only if you wake up and pass 19.

No matter what anyone says about how BAD the prop 19 is, it is imperative that it gets passed and then we can tweak it.
Do NOT be fooled into thinking that it is the end all, however, without it, we will be set back to the Reagan era of "Just say no," and more people will be put in jail for smoking.

or, keep going with decrim and decrim growing it.
legalize it, then tweak the law......you can't fix something until it's legal.

how much money have you all donated to try and legalize weed? Lee's a hero even after his 20 acre grow and other large commercial operations get rolled on by the fed. the publicity of which will only make a better case for federal legalization.

at least granny will still be able to legally grow her own, but only if you wake up and pass 19.

like i've said before, i don't live there and don't have a vote !! But ! As the old saying goes, the way calif goes, so goes the nation !! I have no problem with the large grow opps, as long as small home grows are allowed. I would never vote for any bill, that does'nt allow home growing !! People want this bill passed so much, that i'm afraid they will vote without reading the bill, because language means everything. Someone sent me a link to the bill, and after reading it, i was confused !! I mean is there a provision for home growing, with no tax'es. And this is for one oz or less, that needs to be more realistic. I mean, there's no law saying how much alcohol i can store !! And if i make wine or brandy, i don't pay taxes, and it's the same thing !! And if like you say, granny will still be growing her own, then i would encourage all my family and friends in Calif., to vote yes. :surf::peacetwo:

Just got my ballot in the mail yesterday and I am voting YES! Is it perfect, no. This is a step that other states will follow. This will force a conversation on the federal level.

Thanks Snowbender, at least someone here has a grasp on reality!

It takes time and effort to make money and with money you can buy other peoples time and efforts.I don`t have much money as I`m older and disabled but I have some time left(I hope). So that`s what I am doing is using some of my valuable time up trying to preswade some of you to use your head wisely and vote against prop 19.

Prop 19 & California`s laws are the consern of people from Cali,others from out of state can watch but not vote here.However I encurage you to be active in desissions in your home state!

Prop 19 does nothing to change Fedral law and will not have any effect on it. Standing up for what you want in OUR fedral Goverment will(sooner or later)!

Prop 19 where do I start? Well it sucks every which way you look at it! It doesn`t make having an oz of marijuana legal as it is just misleading! Marijuana is only an infraction of the health and safety code punishable by up to a max of $100 (if you are unluck and get caught). No criminal record ,same as littering but 10 times less the fine! Under prop 19 who knows how much tax could be imposed without any restrictions. That`s just one of the many ,many missleadings of prop 19`s backers. Almost everthing in prop 19 is like that! It gives very little and conseeds very much so just a few of it`s backers can get rich off of marijuana users through out the state. If you look close at the prop it has very little to offer marijuana users and is more designed to capture sales moneys for the favored and through a few bones to Big Brother.

It takes time and effort to make money and with money you can buy other peoples time and efforts.I don`t have much money as I`m older and disabled but I have some time left(I hope). So that`s what I am doing is using some of my valuable time up trying to preswade some of you to use your head wisely and vote against prop 19.

Prop 19 & California`s laws are the consern of people from Cali,others from out of state can watch but not vote here.However I encurage you to be active in desissions in your home state!

Prop 19 does nothing to change Fedral law and will not have any effect on it. Standing up for what you want in OUR fedral Goverment will(sooner or later)!

Prop 19 where do I start? Well it sucks every which way you look at it! It doesn`t make having an oz of marijuana legal as it is just misleading! Marijuana is only an infraction of the health and safety code punishable by up to a max of $100 (if you are unluck and get caught). No criminal record ,same as littering but 10 times less the fine! Under prop 19 who knows how much tax could be imposed without any restrictions. That`s just one of the many ,many missleadings of prop 19`s backers. Almost everthing in prop 19 is like that! It gives very little and conseeds very much so just a few of it`s backers can get rich off of marijuana users through out the state. If you look close at the prop it has very little to offer marijuana users and is more designed to capture sales moneys for the favored and through a few bones to Big Brother.
While I agree with some of your points, I disagree with the federal law part. They would look like the fools that they are, if they intercede against the will of the citizens of Ca. What kind of message would that be !! Ha !! Might cause rioting in the citys !! Never know, because the everday people are fed up with the silly bs !! I'm an out of stater, but I have lived in the south bay area of LA from 1961 till 1973, and can still influence my family and friends to vote for this bill, but i'm not convinced that you know what you're voteing for. Looks like to me, that the cops and politicians, and their friends, will now be growing the pot, and will then be your dealer !! ha !! imagine that !! They've beat us, locked us up, took our pot, and worst of all made some of us felons !! How many familys have they destroyed since 1965 ?? All because of a friggin plant, that's been growing on this planet back before christ !! Are you sure you want them to now be your dealer ?? I would say to all my family and friends and anyone else that will listen. I'm not convinced that this bill is good or fair, and I would never vote for any bill that did'nt allow for small home grows. How does the bill read on home growing ??I mean every few weeks you'd harvest 10 ozs., so how's that one oz deal gonna apply to home growing ?? If i lived there and had a vote, i'd be undecided at this point !! Wish i was out on the Hermosa Beach pier, chillin !!:surf::thumb: :yummy

California was the first state to pass a Medical Marijuana bil in 1996. Now there are 14 states that have passed it. Because of Medical Marijuana use, the Federal Gov't has approved the use of MMJ, on Federal property, by VA patients with MMJ prescriptions. That is a huge step towards reclassifying Cannabis. THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED UNLESS CALIFORNIA LEAD THE CHARGE!

If you look close at the prop it has very little to offer marijuana users and is more designed to capture sales moneys for the favored and through a few bones to Big Brother.

Whether you like it or not, if Cannabis is legalized here or there, somebody is going to make a lot of money from it. That is Capitalism,and more power to them! At the very least, it will take the money out of the hands of the Cartels!

Please don't buy into all of the scare tactics being promulgated. Have the courage to look at the big picture and what this vote not only means to California, but to America as a whole!

California was the first state to pass a Medical Marijuana bil in 1996. Now there are 14 states that have passed it. Because of Medical Marijuana use, the Federal Gov't has approved the use of MMJ, on Federal property, by VA patients with MMJ prescriptions. That is a huge step towards reclassifying Cannabis. THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED UNLESS CALIFORNIA LEAD THE CHARGE!

Whether you like it or not, if Cannabis is legalized here or there, somebody is going to make a lot of money from it. That is Capitalism,and more power to them! At the very least, it will take the money out of the hands of the Cartels!

Please don't buy into all of the scare tactics being promulgated. Have the courage to look at the big picture and what this vote not only means to California, but to America as a whole!
Hogdady, Do you know the wording in the bill, pertaining to home growing ?? Thanks !!

Back
Top Bottom