November's Marijuana Legalization Initiative: Imperfect, But Worthy Of Your Vote

How is that???? No one is now going to jail for an oz or less? and that is without prop 19. Again.... prop19 only will serve the me crowd as the counties with concervitive governments will make life a living hell for marijuana users. So again... how is prop 19 going to help everyone? It is still against federal law... and the only hope to get that changed is through MMJ and nothing else. All prop 19 does is give power to prohibitionists... and how is that good?

Do you attend your city/county council meetings to stad up for your rights and do your part to make sure they will fallow you and your constituent's POV on rec weed business?

-Growing recreationally is illegal now and people can get stuck with a felony record for growing one 3" plant, after 19 they can grow all they want in 25' sq. (even in a non 19 friendly town) please explain how is that a step backwards?

-No more probable cause from smell/sight of weed/paraphernalia will help keep even those outside the letter of the law safe. Searches and resulting arrests will plummet when neighbors/enemies can no longer rat on a neighbor for smelling/seeing some weed. Again how is that bad?

Do you attend your city/county council meetings to stad up for your rights and do your part to make sure they will fallow you and your constituent's POV on rec weed business?

-Growing recreationally is illegal now and people can get stuck with a felony record for growing one 3" plant, after 19 they can grow all they want in 25' sq. (even in a non 19 friendly town) please explain how is that a step backwards?

-No more probable cause from smell/sight of weed/paraphernalia will help keep even those outside the letter of the law safe. Searches and resulting arrests will plummet when neighbors/enemies can no longer rat on a neighbor for smelling/seeing some weed. Again how is that bad?

If you need it that bad you go and get a rec and grow up to 6 mature... grab a couple of friends and then you can grow more and not be restricted. Sorry but not buying. I just do not see it your way.... I can not bring my self to give total control over our marijuana to prohibitionists. Yes we attend town hall meetings and such... but to give you an example... how about all of San Diego county.

Sorry but it is not true on the ratting out by your neighbors... Again... counties are adopting measures to take your children as they feel you pose a danger for growing.

Also again... San Diego can care less about our laws... they will bust you anyways and the courts will prosecute.

It is still against federal law... and not all of California's civil servants respect the laws of California. The only hope we have is to have it be medically accepted at the federal level. That I believe will happen if prop19 does not hinder that.

If you need it that bad you go and get a rec

Oh, so let's play the man's game of feigning some condition to pay your hundred bucks for a rec......

When 19 passes I hope all of you pro-mmj, anti-19 voters suck gas so bad you fart fire!

LOL... atleast it is better then being classified as a rec smoker by prohibitionists and having the feds come after you. Yes you have to play the man's game but why give the man the power... I just do not understand that logic.

You think the "Man" is going to give up all the power on this all at once? Please that is not going to happen.

Prop 19 needs to pass as a stepping stone that other states will soon follow. With more than one state on board then the Feds will have to start participating in a conversation regarding rescheduling Cannabis. The rest of the Nation is watching California. Cannabis consumers are counting on this to pass all over the country. Us Californians need to come together and pass this for the greater good. Look at the big picture, none of us will be free until this is on a national level.

Sorry brother... not buying that either. If they are not moving for mmj... what makes you think rec use will magically make them change their mind. Come on now... I am still not convinced that giving all the power to prohibitionists is the answer.

Sorry brother... not buying that either. If they are not moving for mmj... what makes you think rec use will magically make them change their mind. Come on now... I am still not convinced that giving all the power to prohibitionists is the answer.

Ever heard of Chicken Little?

You know what will change the Feds mind? Money and that this industry will bring it in. That is the only reason they will change. Saying the key words like "The Man" or a phrase like "don't give the prohibitionist power" sounds cool and revolutionary and all but lets face it. They have the power now. What they need to see is numbers of people backing legalization and a new legitimate industry to bring in MONEY!

They are not moving on MMJ because they have not seen the big picture yet. The big picture is there needs to be more states on board to force them to the see that it is possible and that it is the will of the people.

Vote for what you feel is best. Just vote!

LOL... My understanding is that people are so desperate they are will to give all the power to those who want prohibition first and for most. All of the candidates have come out and opposed this prop and people think they are going to let the will of the people prevail. I have learned by example that certain principalities do not care what California law says. Prime example are San Diego and San Bernardino counties. Also unless we change it at the federal level... I for one think there is no hope. However there has been great strides made in the MMJ community to get mmj passed at the federal level... this is the ticket. Once people see prop 19 fail when it becomes law... as I see it feeding the underground further for other states... I see the feds coming in, in full force and both rec and mmj will loose in the end.

You know what will change the Feds mind? Money and that this industry will bring it in. That is the only reason they will change. Saying the key words like "The Man" or a phrase like "don't give the prohibitionist power" sounds cool and revolutionary and all but lets face it. They have the power now. What they need to see is numbers of people backing legalization and a new legitimate industry to bring in MONEY!

They are not moving on MMJ because they have not seen the big picture yet. The big picture is there needs to be more states on board to force them to the see that it is possible and that it is the will of the people.

Vote for what you feel is best. Just vote!

Sorry but the fiscal irrisponsible will never learn. Also when they find out that there is no money to be made when marijuana is only 40.00/pound... then what will happen then??? Sorry again it is not logical. Now if it passed and prices remained the same... I see it working but when the prices hit rock bottom... the prohibitionist who will have the backing and power that is given to them by prop 19 will reconcider the whole ordeal. Not to mention if everyone in growing it and they are not getting their taxes from it...LOL.

You think the "Man" is going to give up all the power on this all at once? Please that is not going to happen.

Prop 19 needs to pass as a stepping stone that other states will soon follow. With more than one state on board then the Feds will have to start participating in a conversation regarding rescheduling Cannabis. The rest of the Nation is watching California. Cannabis consumers are counting on this to pass all over the country. Us Californians need to come together and pass this for the greater good. Look at the big picture, none of us will be free until this is on a national level.

Bubblekush has a point! The rest of the Nation is watching Cali and is counting on this to pass...I will not pretend to have a dog in this fight as I live no where near California but that doesn't mean the rest of the Nation isn't concenred about the outcome. In my opinion, if Prop 19 gets the votes it will open up the floodgates for other states to consider the same...most likely starting with the other 13 MMJ states.....The old trickle down effect. If it does pass and other states start to look at putting a similar Prop on the ballot it may force feds to do take a VERY SERIOUS look at rescheduling Cannabis....All they need is for the momentum to continue!!! Like Bubblekush said, "none of us will be free until this is on a national level"....AMEN to that! And it will start with taking it off the list of other schedule 1 drugs and recognizing the medicinal values.

peace!

when $omeone'$ catch phra$e is "I'm not buying it", it really $how$ where their prioritie$ are.

Are there bottles of wine that fetch well over $100 a bottle even after prohibition was lifted?

Tequila Ley .925 sells a 6 year old 100% Blue Agave Tequila in a pure platinum bottle for $225,000.

Here is what I don't get, and maybe someone smarter than me can explain it to me. Here goes:
Cannibis prohibition is illegal. It's an illegal law. The Fed Gov. put it on Schedule 1, even though many doctors, scientists, etc. said it was not deserving to be on it, including government reports sponsored by Nixon himself. Yet they still put it on there. It has no reason to be on there. None. So first off, how did and do they get away with doing that? What gives the Fed Gov. the POWER to do that?
Secondly, the other reason it's an illegal law is because the Fed Gov or State gov., including police, have no Constitutional basis in which to tell me what I can and can't put in or on my body, so long as it does not interfere with the equal rights of others. So they CAN tell me not to walk around naked, becuase that would blind people and cause horrible accidents while people are laughing their butts off. Me walking around naked would interfere with the equal rights of others who don't want to see me naked. So that's ok. Telling people they can't drink and drive, that is ok too. Why? Because when I run into someone and kill them, it's interfering with their equal right to live, and be happy etc. However, if I grow a plant in my home, and smoke it, that does NOT interfere with the equal rights of others. At all. It can't, it's impossible.
The law was not created for our health, we all know that. If it was, junk food would be illegal as would most fast food places. Alcohol and tobacco would be illegal. So that argument is out.
The only other thing is the Interstate Commerce Clause, or whatever the frack it's called. The Feds say they can make it illegal because once it crosses state lines, its a federal case. Well, if my cannibis stays in my home, how the frack is it going to cross state lines???
The Constitution is not meant to be a bill of rights for the people. It's goal was to be a bill of checks and balances for the Fed Gov. It's about what the Gov can and can't do. The Bill of Rights wasn't added for a few years after it was written. So, if the Constitution guarantees me the equal right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness while keeping the Fed Gov in check, then the Fed Gov is doing it illegally, and I should not have to face any criminal charges whatsoever for using cannibis.
I think we need to get a bunch of people together, and make a class action lawsuit against the government. Seriously. Sue the pants off them, not for money, but to change the law. Because they don't have the power to make cannibis illegal! yet they have taken that power, and it's illegal for them to do so! So, we need to have a lawsuit and win it. Put the shoe on the other foot for a change. Instead of us having to defend why we want it, the Fed Gov should be FORCED to explain just how in the frack they think they have the right to make it illegal!!

The end of Alcohol Prohibition happened with a State first, not the Fed Gov. It has to be the same way with cannibis. If CA. does this, and that means ALL YOU OUT THERE IN CA! then other states will follow, and then the Fed Gov has no choice but to end it. That's how it went with alcohol. So, all you people there in CA who believe it should be legal, please for the love of cannibis and your fellow humans, vote YES on Prop 19!! Don't be lazy, don't think it doesn't matter, don't think it won't work. Smoke a big fatty, and go push the YES button!!!

when $omeone'$ catch phra$e is "I'm not buying it", it really $how$ where their prioritie$ are.

Are there bottles of wine that fetch well over $100 a bottle even after prohibition was lifted?

Tequila Ley .925 sells a 6 year old 100% Blue Agave Tequila in a pure platinum bottle for $225,000.

Sorry but your metephore is not condusive to supply and demand. Not when you have Mr. Lee cranking out maga pounds a week at his grow facility... and I am sorry to burst your bubble but, if he is able to buy 25 acers of land for his grow facility, I am sure he has enough to hire growers who can produce very nice bud.

Again... prop 19 will only serve to help the person pushing it... not the people.

You know what will change the Feds mind? Money and that this industry will bring it in.

There is more at work than money.

when marijuana is only 40.00/pound...

It won't be $40/lb. Most grow situations would not allow production at that price. Any large-scale factory-style grows that might be able to produce at low cost would be shooting themselves in the foot to sell at a price that directly reflected such low production costs - were they to do so, they could - perhaps - put a portion of the smaller production concerns out of business, but they wouldn't put the average personal grower "out of business;" and such a pricing strategy would hurt their profits. Even with the additional personal growers, any commercial outlets that spring up would have plenty of demand (depending on the actual amount of businesses that attempt to operate) at a higher price-point.

Here is what I don't get, and maybe someone smarter than me can explain it to me. Here goes:
Cannibis prohibition is illegal. It's an illegal law. The Fed Gov. put it on Schedule 1, even though many doctors, scientists, etc. said it was not deserving to be on it, including government reports sponsored by Nixon himself. Yet they still put it on there. It has no reason to be on there. None. So first off, how did and do they get away with doing that? What gives the Fed Gov. the POWER to do that?

<COUGH>We, the people...<COUGH>

Sorry but your metephore is not condusive to supply and demand. Not when you have Mr. Lee cranking out maga pounds a week at his grow facility... and I am sorry to burst your bubble but, if he is able to buy 25 acers of land for his grow facility, I am sure he has enough to hire growers who can produce very nice bud.

Said growers generally expect - and receive - regular paychecks. Taxes are levied against land and almost everything else that a business requires to operate, supplies must be purchased on an ongoing basis, equipment depreciates, requires maintenance & replacement, et cetera...

The ONLY reason an entity would have for producing "maga" pounds and selling them as cheaply as possible - IOW, with as little per-unit profit as possible - would be to force smaller entities out of business in order to take over a market. That simply is not a workable strategy in this particular market, for a number of obvious reasons.

Furthermore, as has been repeatedly stated (like many things, lol), the existence of any large-scale production facilities will not stop very many personal or small-scale connoisseur-quality growers, for there will always be plenty of people that would rather have a fine cognac in a snifter than a plastic cup of Ripple. Such folks don't even consider the higher cost of quality to be "paying extra."

Even if bud were available at $40/lb., I would only purchase the occasional pound of it and that strictly for hash/oil production. I would continue to either grow or purchase the head-stash bud regardless of the differential in price.

Again... prop 19 will only serve to help the person pushing it... not the people.

Again... It simply isn't productive for me or anyone else to continue to debate with someone who refuses to believe - or to admit to understanding - plain facts. But you are nonetheless welcome to keep posting in this forum. Both because it is your right to do so as a member here and because every minute that you expend in the activity is one less minute that you have free to attempt to convince the "Wal*Mart mentality" portion of the general public who do not visit cannabis-related websites that your opinions are truer than both their presumed common-sense and plain facts.

But could you add a little originality to the mix, please? :thanks:

25 acres of pot that will only be harvested by the DEA, and end up in court where the national attention will lead to legalization for more, and eventually all states.

How can you be confused about the difference between box wine and a $300 bottle from a great year? Both markets are successful and don't impact each other in the least.

Do you think BMW worries about KIA's market share encroaching on their sales??

Again... It simply isn't productive for me or anyone else to continue to debate with someone who refuses to believe - or to admit to understanding - plain facts. But you are nonetheless welcome to keep posting in this forum. Both because it is your right to do so as a member here and because every minute that you expend in the activity is one less minute that you have free to attempt to convince the "Wal*Mart mentality" portion of the general public who do not visit cannabis-related websites that your opinions are truer than both their presumed common-sense and plain facts.

But could you add a little originality to the mix, please? :thanks:

Very, well put sir.

I could care less how you guys see my thoughts on the matter. I will continue to push no. Why... as I said... I believe it will do more harm than good. Having come out of a heavy concervitive background... rec use will never be a part of the concervitive mind set. MMJ is the only hope for this nation to free the weed... not some business man who see's it as a way to make money and the continued support of the fiscal irresponsible.

on the one hand you say 19 will restrict young smokers and lock them up, then you say everyone whos healthy should just get a medical card now and forget 19.

why cant the under 21 keep their medical cards so they can walk around with a pound and not get hassled after 19 passes?

You say you want to keep people out of jail, but you are voting to keep most probable cause searches legal...and stick healthy adults with felony charges and possible jail time for growing just one plant.

conservatives are one of the most heavily drinking demographics in our land, and their supposed to be for states rights and personal freedoms... taxed recreational pot is right up their ally. besides it only taxes low life pot heads, and doesn't even threaten capital gains cuts..

Less drunk driving, less lung cancer, less violence in the forests and at home, less pollution, less arrests...Yes on 19.

Back
Top Bottom