Nursery/veg closet question

Purple Goose

Well I have been working to dial in the climate of my flower room and have it working nicely so now need to turn my attention to my nursery/veg closet.

What I have is a 2' x 2.5' x7' closet that I have seperated into 2 areas 2 x 2.5 x 3.5 . For light on each shelf I have a Brightwing reflector with 150w 6500k cfl bulbs and a 6 inch fan for circulation . What I am having a problem with is temp in this room I know for seedlings and clones it should be a bit warmer and a bit higher humidity but I am having troubles keeping the light sealed into the closet so it wont affect the flower room ,and keeping temp and humidity decent.

So far I have found with the current ventilation in the closet the temps are around 85 and humidity is 65% for starting seedling and giving them 2-3 weeks in here or rooting clones then giving them an addition 2 weeks of veg should I try and get the temperature down more or will this be okay as long as I open the door whenever its possible to do so? If I keep the door open when the hps is on the temps throught the entire room and closet are 78 degree's with a rh of 40% and at night the temp drops to 65 with a rh of 55%-60%rh.

So basically will this work well enough if I open the door when possible or should I work on improving the ventilation some more possibly installing a 50cfm bathroom fan in the top and having it vent into the flower room?

Actually have figured out the humidity problem wasnt thinking before when I set up the closet it was for clones and seedlings and short veg. But right now I am doing my parents a favour and starting some raspberry ,blueberry and blackberry bushes and have 6 3 gallon pots in the closet each is really wet because of transplanting them into the bushes the directions for transplant say to keep them really moist. So in a closet designed to only hold 20 4" pots or my bubble cloner the pots are just way to much moisture. So my main problem is heat I am hoping a vent in the bottom of the door and a 50cfm fan at the roof of the closet should deal with it just have to figure out how to cut a vent in the door and create a light trap to prevent light escaping to the flower room.

Back
Top Bottom