Humidity question

Purple Goose

OKay this is gonna sound wierd but here we go I am running a brand new kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier for the first week It ran almost constantly while set for 45% humidity so now that the room is dried out or should be the dehumidifier is cycling on and off properly at 45% setting and is now only needing to be emptied every 2-3 days. But I also have a thermometer/hygrometer which is telling me that the rh of the room is at 60% or higher but after spending $400 on the dehumidifier and it would appear another $75 on the temp/hygrometer I thought I would ask you guys which you would trust ? the 400 dollar dehumidifier or the 75 dollar temp/hygrometer I already know the store wont exchange the hygrometer thingy so before buying a new one I just thought I would see what you all think is the accurate reading to go by.

Humidity will give you different readings around the room .Try moving your hygrometer around the grow room and see if you get different readings. Try moving it beside the dehumdifier and see if its the same . Any ways one idea for you to try good luck:smokin:BC

This may sound stupid but is humidity the same as RH .
I remember dewpoint is kinda weird this way i forget (dam weed)

But i know there is a big difference in 45 and 75
45 you should see things getting very dry .Like wood cracking.

I am sure someone a whole lot smarter than me will help you .Good luck

RH= relative humidity, so yes.

This may sound stupid but is humidity the same as RH .
I remember dewpoint is kinda weird this way i forget (dam weed)

But i know there is a big difference in 45 and 75
45 you should see things getting very dry .Like wood cracking.

I am sure someone a whole lot smarter than me will help you .Good luck

okay Rh is the measurement of the amount of water vapour contained in the air vs the amount of water vapour it can hold at the most at any given temperature

Absolute humidity is the measurment in kilograms of water per cubic foot of air and doesnt fluctuate for temperature

okay Rh is the measurement of the amount of water vapour contained in the air vs the amount of water vapour it can hold at the most at any given temperature

Absolute humidity is the measurment in kilograms of water per cubic foot of air and doesnt fluctuate for temperature

:grinjoint: Thanks man the old memory aint what it used to be .I think im running
out of hard drive.:smokin:

After testing all over the room I did find that directly below the lamp and around the perimeter of the garden my humidity is around 50-55% , but above the lamp and around the dehumidifier the Rh is 35-40% so after talking to a buddy who is also a licenced medicinal grower and given a tour of how he set up his room I have figured out I need more circulating fans and also need to put my intake fan on a timer with my light so I stop pumping in cooler moister air during the coolest part of the day . As for circulation that is where my humidity fluctuations are coming from I am only using 1 20" oscilating fan to circulate the air which moves it well over and thru the canopy but doesnt create as strong of a breeze as My friend has in his room which is about twice the size of mine and he is using 4 20" fans one in each corner so I figure If I add one more 20" fan directly across from the other that shoould get the air moving more evenly thru the room to even out the humidity and should also get the temp directly under the lamp down a little bit more even though as it is at canopy level the temp is 80 degrees but the room temp is only 75 when I test everywhere else so my conclusion is my problem is circulation as well as having my intake fans running during the cool hours

Back
Top Bottom