Nute burn.

Aussiebonger

hey guys, im sure my bubbs are suffering from a bit of nute burn. ive lowered my nutes to an ec of 1, and reduced watering, should they bounce back?? or are they always gonna suffer??:peace:

Re: Nute burn.......

They'll recover if you didn't burn them badly. I had a little nute burn issue in my last grow, got a little to aggresive with the nutes. I flushed my plants for 48 hours with pure, ph adjusted r/o water and they were fine afterwards. Sounds like you are in soil, so try this. Flush your plants with 3-4 times the volume of your pots. Use r/o or distilled water ph adjusted to 6.5-6.8. Then ease back into the nutes over your next couple of feedings.

I am in Hydro, and have to use 50% of the label dosage for my gals to thrive...and they thrive well...

ps. I use regular 6.0 water to bring them back, and use a little tub and soak them for an hour.

Re: Nute burn.......help

They'll recover if you didn't burn them badly. I had a little nute burn issue in my last grow, got a little to aggresive with the nutes. I flushed my plants for 48 hours with pure, ph adjusted r/o water and they were fine afterwards. Sounds like you are in soil, so try this. Flush your plants with 3-4 times the volume of your pots. Use r/o or distilled water ph adjusted to 6.5-6.8. Then ease back into the nutes over your next couple of feedings.

im actually using rockwool,im dumping this week end, should i flush the roots with ph water only b4 readding nutes??? should i increase the amount of nutes 4 nextweek as it is week 2 next week. or should i delay a week and go back to week ones weak formula??? of an ec of 1????

Also im not 100% sure if its nute burn or overwatering, there a bit yellow and a bit droopy.
im only watering once a day for 15 mins. Any more advice/opinions welcomed.
Thanx.

Pictures. You're adding symptoms now. Your first post stated your plants were burnt, but now you're not sure. Pictures are the only way to accurately diagnose a problem.

You say you are using rockwool, so you must be hydro...you need to explain what you are doing and add pics...

if you are hydro, make a tub of 6.0 water, soak the rockwool (with the plant attached) in it to get them back to normal...for an hour...that should resolve the yellow...I have found the existing yellow will not go away, but no more should occur.

The drooping is from not enough watering. If you are in veg in at least 4" rockwool, then you should be watering for an hour a day in the morning cycle. If no roots, then hand water. Your solution should be half of what the label of food says. After they start to thrive, you can inch the nutes up...

You keep saying EC, like electrical conductivity? I have found that when ppl dont know what the problem is, they throw around these terms and possibilities...tell everyone what you have and what you are doing...

thats true... il see what i can do... is it safe to post things like that on the net without being traced???? and has any of my discriptions of my problems helped at all?

What about that 420?

Will our email addresses be traced back to us if the feds buys the 420 site?

Should we all be using temporary hotmail addresses?

You say you are using rockwool, so you must be hydro...you need to explain what you are doing and add pics...

if you are hydro, make a tub of 6.0 water, soak the rockwool (with the plant attached) in it to get them back to normal...for an hour...that should resolve the yellow...I have found the existing yellow will not go away, but no more should occur.

The drooping is from not enough watering. If you are in veg in at least 4" rockwool, then you should be watering for an hour a day in the morning cycle. If no roots, then hand water. Your solution should be half of what the label of food says. After they start to thrive, you can inch the nutes up...

You keep saying EC, like electrical conductivity? I have found that when ppl dont know what the problem is, they throw around these terms and possibilities...tell everyone what you have and what you are doing...

im not meaning to throw around ec levels to confuse or any thing, my hydro guy has put my on a program stating at an ec level of 1, and saying to introduce more gradually but to never exceed 2.4. i think a lot people on this site use the term ppm?? or somthing im not too sure about.:thanks:

ppm = parts per million of particles in the water = food level
ec = electrical conductivity of the water

You still do not give an accurate description of what you are doing...are you in veg or bud, do you have roots, what is your ppm and ph, etc. What size cube are you using, how tall are your plants, lighting, etc

You will never get any good help by one line answers

ppm = parts per million of particles in the water = food level
ec = electrical conductivity of the water

You still do not give an accurate description of what you are doing...are you in veg or bud, do you have roots, what is your ppm and ph, etc. What size cube are you using, how tall are your plants, lighting, etc

You will never get any good help by one line answers

Ok mate here goes......
its hydro flood n drain
sativa strain
3 plants in rockwool
in middle of first week of veg
useing 600w hps (nursed with fluro for1 month started from seed)
ph 6.0
solution temp 25degc
room temp 24-27 deg c
rh 40-55%
room size..tent 1.2m by 1.2m 2mtrs tall
ppm 500....(ec of 1)
i have currently stopped watering and i just hand water small amounts with ph"d water. the plants are only small... 3 inches or so tall its the yellowing that is the worry, new growth looks ok (still a bit yellow) old growth is a bit droopy. prior to swithing off the auto feed, i was watering once a day for 15mins. they have aprox 3-4 sets of jaggered leaves (vary from plant to plant) cant realy check roots as small cube has been placed in medium and i dont wish to disturb. i hope this helps u help me.:thanks:

ok, much better...what size rockwool are u in? 1", 4" or 6"

If you are in veg, you should be in 4" rockwool by now. try to get water into low 70's f

In your stage, I use genHydro food at 450ppm, else I yellow...get it down, stop the yellow and it will drift up to like 650ppm, dilute it back to where your gals can stand it.

you are drooping bec/ you are not feeding enough. normally, on a flood/drain table, you should flood for at least an hour in the morning cycle. You say you are in veg, so I would expect you to be in at least 4" rockwool, and in some kind of hydro pot by now, like hydroton, so the roots can take...do you have roots showing under rockwool? If you are flood/draining, is that how you will bring these up?

If you are still in 1" cubes, get them into 4" cubes...

It sounds like since you are flood/drain stage, then you are in table mode, not really veg mode, so to speak...yes it is vegging, but it is like pre-veg, I call it table mode...if you are 600w hps's, then no closer than 24", and bring the lights down 6" every morning cycle until you get there...I didnt know people did flood/ drain under sodium's...what will they root in? You seem to be halfway between table mode and veg mode. If you are in veg mode with sodiums, I would suspect you to be watering much more...I water 15mins on, 15 mins off while the lights are on to give you an example. If flood/drain is your only way of feeding, then I would flood/ drain an hour at a time, maybe 3 times a day under the lights...I think you get the idea...

There is a lot here...get yourself situated...good luck

ps. forget seeds...cloning is the way to go...clones never fail, easy to do, and you skip the entire time you are wasting? on seedlings

3" gals are still a little young...I would consider that table mode, and I would be careful with the 600w sodiums on youngsters...be on the lookout for heat burn from the lamps

Thanks... there in 1 inch cubes that are now placed in the slab. i think your right, im in that difficult stage between nursing and vegging. i intent to get into the cloning but hey... ya gotta start somewhere right??? Excuse my ignorance, but as a recap, you think i should dilute my existing solution from 500ppm to 450pph and water for 1 solid hour in a morning cycle @ a ph of 6........(your help is very appreciated!!!)

also i intend to keep them on the slab they are on (rockwool slab) the 600w is a comfortable 20 inches away.... i dont think that is a major issue as the heat is minimal due to very good ventilation. im also a bit confused coz someone on this site told me to only water once during veg twice during flower (per day of course) your opinion? for only 15 mins.

I am new at this too...got into it by accident...

I have learned that table mode (nursing) is under hi-intensity flouro's 54w bulbs, flood/drain, an hour in the morn's, they are in 4" or 6" cube, on a flat table (since no roots). They get like 6" tall or so, and they start to get roots, especially in the 4" cubes. Soon after roots develop, its veg time.

Veg means insert the larger cube onto some sort of medium, like hydroton. and now you would be under the 600w sodiums, and feeding on some sort of regular schedule. The roots then grow in the hydroton.

It is diff/ for me to give you exact suggestions, since you seem to mix the two stages...I dont know the wattage of your flouro's...are they regular bulbs, or grow bulbs?

if flood drain is your only way to feed, then I would flood for an hour 3 times a day in veg, every 6 hours...

and every 4 hours in bud...every 3 hours, and see how it goes...most people move from a flood/drain to a pot type system...

sounds like you are using flood/drain for your flowering stage, too

Back
Top Bottom