Nutes? Noob needs help.

ThaKidd

I am completely new and have no prior exp.
My first grow is in a custom grow box that is 3x3x5 and i will have a 400watt hps. The strains i have chosen for my first grow are Nirvana's "White Widow" and "AK-48"
MY questions are :

Are these good strains for indoor growing?

From start to finish What would be good nutes to use?

Would the yield be higher if i did a large scale scrog grow with 3-6 plants vs. a traditional SOG grow?

ANY HELP IS MUCH NEEDED!:thanks:

Soil or Hydro?
Soil I see a lot go with Fox Farm. Hydro, they say Advance is good.
I am doing bubble with GH, first grow. I like it a lot.

As for the strains, I was going to do white widow first, but was told that it could
be a challenging grow for my first grow. so I went with ICE and Bubblegummer.
Was told they were an easy strain to grow with bubbles. I don't know nothing about the AK-48,
but I have seen some journals on them.

and I don't know about the scrog either. Someone will chime in soon, I am sure.

Good luck.

Thank you so much H6251686!

My first grow is soil. Although i was told soilless was an easier alternative to soil because it is easier to control the PH level.

my ww are nute hogs,i use the fox farm line & feeding scedule,check ur ppm ,some times u gotta giv'm a little more.8 week strain,let'm go for 10,i use a strawberry flush the last 2 weeks-mm mmm mmmmm,taste great!

Thanks for joining Plantpimp13!

yeah i have herd mixed reviews about White Widow strain. Do you have any advise about growing the strain?

Keep it real simple when you first start out. You'll run into things even when everything is going great and it gives you a chance to learn.
Use Sunshine Mix 4 for your growing medium, its actually soiless but it helps buffer your nutes and drains very well
Use Miracid in veg every watering about a teaspoon per gallon of water. Its cheap, about 6$ a bag which should be enough for one grow.
Use Eleanor's VF11 for blooming, about 1 tablesppon per gallon every watering. Its cheap, about $16 per gallon at Home Depot. Will be enough to do a lot of grows. If you get some premature yellowing add a little fish fertilizer during blooming.
This keeps it very simple and its just about impossible to have nute burn or lockout problems.

Both of those strains do well in a sog grow. They're short growing plants, so you have plenty of room in your box.

For my current soil grow, I'm using miracle grow and grow big while in veg. I'll pick out another fertilizer when they're ready to flower.

The very experienced growers often recommend against "pot-specific" fertilizers as they are seldom more than over-priced tomato fertilizers. That's why I just go ahead and use tomato fertilizer.

Good luck with your grow.

Back
Top Bottom