Nutrient burn or heat stress?

richzombie545

Hi, I'm so very new at this. I did a lot of research before I started this first grow, actually I only started with 1 plant as well since from what I have read new growers always do something wrong so I didn't want to wast my time with several to tend to. It is 5 weeks old now and over the past few days had turned severely I'll and I can't figure out the problem. I will figure out how to post a pic in a second, but the leaves are turning yellow and then dark only on the edges all the way around, some of the tips are eagle clawing, and some are canoeing up and they are wilting so badly one fell off at the touch. From what I have read I belive nutrient burn. The temp stays roughly 74 to 78 and I'm using 4 23 watt cfl in a 1.5ft by 2ft and 3ft tall box lined with reflective material with a reflection hood, good ventilation at top and a fan (good circulation) humidity stays roughly 60%. I keep my lights about 5 inches from the top of the plant, and I have a thermometer at plant height to make sure they don't get too hot. I used miracle grow and I am afraid that's the problem. Please help

Could be a number of things but let's go with what you mentioned; Miracle Gro can grow cannabis but its not nearly optimal when used by its own instructions, try going 1/4 strength. Often over watering is an issue with new Grower's, don't water in soil till the container is obviously light and the soil is dry but not yet pulling away from the pot sides. Water well then let her dry out.

Thanks, I'll watch the watering good. My battery is too low to post a pic right now but I'm going to let it charge for a few minutes then I will upload one.

Thanks, I'll watch the watering good. My battery is too low to post a pic right now but I'm going to let it charge for a few minutes then I will upload one.

Ones we get some pics we can pin point the problem like everyone else is saying it could be a few things like PH Mag Cal or other MG not the best to grow but can be done

My guess is the PH is your problem and not the right light... I would use a very small amt of cal/mag for starters and see if there is a change. Using MG in small doses is a good idea, but, don`t over do it... Are you using the 18/6 method for lighting? Is there enough ventilation for the air to circulate?

I always make sure my ph is 6.5, there is good circulation and exhaust, I can not get a picture to upload. I went to gallery but once I choose a file and take a pic it tells me upload is unavailable

Back
Top Bottom