Nutrient burn

Newgrower617

420 Member
I am new and relized i give to much nutrients to my autoflowering plants. I was wondering since i add compost in my soil and use rain water to water them. I was wondering should i still use the liquid nutrient for them? What should i do to fix the problem one of my plants is still standing but the leave are shriking but the steam is really strong. The other plant the leaves are gone and weathered over

I am new and relized i give to much nutrients to my autoflowering plants. I was wondering since i add compost in my soil and use rain water to water them. I was wondering should i still use the liquid nutrient for them? What should i do to fix the problem one of my plants is still standing but the leave are shriking but the steam is really strong. The other plant the leaves are gone and weathered over

How old/big are the plants? Are they in containers? Do you have any pics?

Soil has all the nutrients the plant needs, assuming the microbial activity is good enough to break the nutrients down into a form that's ingestible by the plants. However, if the plant is in a container, eventually it will use up all the nutrients available. You typically don't want to start the plant on nutes until it has at least three full set of leaves (not counting cotyledons), and then start at 1/4 strength nutes. If you think there's an abundance of nutes in the soil, you can always do a flush.

The plants are not that old i have 2 that are two weeks old and have another one that is like a week old i have some old pics that are like a day or 2 old and they are in 10 liter pots

Here is a pic

Attachments

• 20180813_133906.jpg
    20180813_133906.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20180812_111315.jpg
    20180812_111315.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 48
What i normally do is wait about a week till it big enough to able to be repot. So i do wait till have three or more leafs on it to feed it nutrient. Just how often after that should i gave it nurtient is my question

Here is a pic

OK...So, those are just seedlings and shouldn't be on any nutes, yet. And, I can tell by their "stretching" that you need to move your light closer.

I would flush a couple of gallons of plain H2O through those pots, then, top them off with soil to pack some around the bases of the plants. They will grow additional roots around where you pack the soil. And, depending on what type of light you're using, get them as close as you can without feeling heat with your hand from where the plants are.

What i normally do is wait about a week till it big enough to able to be repot. So i do wait till have three or more leafs on it to feed it nutrient. Just how often after that should i gave it nurtient is my question

It's tough to gauge the size of those containers from the pic, but they should be good enough to last a lot longer than a week. Wait until the plant is rootbound in the current container before you up-pot.

How/when you feed is largely dependent on the type of nutrients you plan on using. In veg stage, it's good to let the pot dry out before re-watering. You don't want the plants to wilt, but let them get really dry. It will encourage the roots to search for water and you want to build a good root structure. How long it takes to dry out depends on the size of the container and size of the roots, so you'll have to water more often as the plant gets bigger. If/when you find you have to water every day, it's time to up-pot! ;)

OK...So, those are just seedlings and shouldn't be on any nutes, yet. And, I can tell by their "stretching" that you need to move your light closer.

I would flush a couple of gallons of plain H2O through those pots, then, top them off with soil to pack some around the bases of the plants. They will grow additional roots around where you pack the soil. And, depending on what type of light you're using, get them as close as you can without feeling heat with your hand from where the plants are.

K i have them stacked on two milk create your telling me i need three milk create? Can i use the rain water to flush them out?

K i have them stacked on two milk create your telling me i need three milk create? Can i use the rain water to flush them out?

What type of light are you using? Yes, rain water is fine for a flush.

How many watts actual draw is the LED? With LED's you can typically get less than 2' from the tops, but best to start a little high and gradually lower it. If you have a lower wattage LED, you can probably get within 6"-12".

z

When i am doing the flushing when should i add the soil to the base? Should i add the soil before i water or after i start flushing?

When i am doing the flushing when should i add the soil to the base? Should i add the soil before i water or after i start flushing?

These are two separate, unrelated steps.

First, do a flush to clean out the excess nutes from the old soil to avoid nutrient burn. Next, top off the pot with new soil to provide additional support for those seedlings and allow them to grow roots higher up on the stem.

When done with those two steps, move them back into the grow room and place them much closer to the lights to avoid further stretching.

These are two separate, unrelated steps.

First, do a flush to clean out the excess nutes from the old soil to avoid nutrient burn. Next, top off the pot with new soil to provide additional support for those seedlings and allow them to grow roots higher up on the stem.

When done with those two steps, move them back into the grow room and place them much closer to the lights to avoid further stretching.
I did that thanks. One more question have that is lateral dried out it looks like from the nutrient burn should i try to revive the same way. The top of her i have to her prop up with a stick. I just want to make sure it worth the time and effert

Back
Top Bottom