Nutrient sand

KBuds

I was curious if anyone has ever used a black nutrient sand for aquariums as a substrate in their hydroponic garden(ebb-&-flow system specifically).
It contains a full spectrum of micro and macro nutrients and helps maintain a lower PH in planted aquariums. Planted aquariums will usually want to be in the area of 6.5 to 7.0 ph.
My thoughts were that the substrate would help provide additional micronutrients and help to mantain a level ph.

I was curious if anyone has ever used a black nutrient sand for aquariums as a substrate in their hydroponic garden(ebb-&-flow system specifically).
It contains a full spectrum of micro and macro nutrients and helps maintain a lower PH in planted aquariums. Planted aquariums will usually want to be in the area of 6.5 to 7.0 ph.
My thoughts were that the substrate would help provide additional micronutrients and help to maintain a level ph.

Hmm. Interesting thought, but my exhaustive two seconds of Google research yielded this study

To me, this seems to say that this is not a good idea and that the black sand is actually harmful to plant life. So, seems to me that adding black sand would hurt your grow, not help it.

I would stick with MJ nutes, like those from Advanced Nutrients.

Really, stick with things that are meant to be used in certain grows.

I use:

Sensi A&B Grow
Sensi A&B Bloom
Big Bud
Bud Candy
Voodoo Juice
B-52
Overdrive

Works like a charm. good luck if you try the sand though. It'd be interesting to see what your results would be.

The .pdf link doesn't work.
The nutrient sand works excellently for growing aquarium plants. I'm curious about it more for general hydroponic growing, not specifically MJ. Pehaps they were refering to a different type of "black" sand in that article? The nutrient sand for aquariums is flourite as far as I know.

Back
Top Bottom