Nutrient Starved? What do you think?

rollingjoe

Hey what's up everybody? I've been lurking for awhile on this forum but finally have some questions that I can't find the answer.

Strain - Not sure, mixed
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower
Setup - Aeroponics/Bubbler combo I came up with
Light - 400 Watt HPS
Nutrients - Techniflora Recipe for Success Starter Kit
Medium - hydroton
PPM - varies
PH - 5.7
RH - 53% to 67%
Room Temperature -77 Day, 65 Night
Solution Temperature -69-71
Room Square Footage -5 sq. ft. Cabinet grow
Pests - None Known

I am running 400W HPS on 4 plants in an aeroponic/bubbler rubbermaid bin setup using Techniflora Recipe for Success Starter Kit at half of recommended strength mixed with fresh drawn spring water starting at 6.5 PH, .05 EC and 57 ppm. After I mix the nutes at half strength, it comes to: 5.7 PH, EC at 2.01, and 1325 ppm. They are about 10 inches high and i'm in the second week of flowering so i've been topping with this nute mix about a gallon every 2 days. In 24 hours after topping with this solution mix, PPM goes down by half and so does EC. Is this normal that my plants are using that much nutes in a 24 hour period? Should I up the strength of the nute mix? The plants seem healthy and green, except for a few little dry leaf spots in the lower older leaves. This is my first grow so i'm not sure about what is normal for nutrient consumption. I would appreciate your thoughts or experiences.

I know nothing about hydro, but know a bit about EC and PPM from work.:cool:

Sounds like your nutes are are getting sucked up, but if they are looking good..........

Bump your nutes up perhaps 25% and see what happens. Don't go to full strength, but split the difference.

See what the EC and PPMs do, and most importantly, your plants.

Go from there.

DD

Thank you for the feedback DD. I have increased the nutes slightly and the plants are consuming them a steadier rate now.

Back
Top Bottom