Nutrients question

JWPcinders

Hello! I am starting my plants indoors now from seed and going to move them outside in June. When should I have to start adding nutrients? Also should I add nutrients after I plant the plants outside. Does anyone have any products they can recommend or a package I can buy off amazon?

Hello! I am starting my plants indoors now from seed and going to move them outside in June. When should I have to start adding nutrients? Also should I add nutrients after I plant the plants outside. Does anyone have any products they can recommend or a package I can buy off amazon?
Most plants wont need any nutes until 2 weeks from breakin ground, then u can start at (some say 1/2) 1/4 strength..an if tht seems to be goin okay after a few feeds thn u can up ur dose to half of the required amount an so on. This also depends on what kina soil ur using. If ur using a time released soil (miracle grow or some other synthetics) u wont have to feed for 3-4 months. Also, u must make sure tht ur indoor growing time is the same light/dark time as outdoors. Example: If the light/dark hours will be 16/8 on the date u will be putting outside..grow them inside on a 16/8 schedule an they will be in sync. What kind of soil are u in? What nutes do u plan on using? Strains?

Order the down to earth dry amendments, organic and more effective than any chemical fertilizer. Also it is way cheaper, you mix into soil once and only water from germination to harvest.

Most plants wont need any nutes until 2 weeks from breakin ground, then u can start at (some say 1/2) 1/4 strength..an if tht seems to be goin okay after a few feeds thn u can up ur dose to half of the required amount an so on. This also depends on what kina soil ur using. If ur using a time released soil (miracle grow or some other synthetics) u wont have to feed for 3-4 months. Also, u must make sure tht ur indoor growing time is the same light/dark time as outdoors. Example: If the light/dark hours will be 16/8 on the date u will be putting outside..grow them inside on a 16/8 schedule an they will be in sync. What kind of soil are u in? What nutes do u plan on using? Strains?
As far as nutrients when transplanting..some people transplant carefully and simply water thm in. I like to use b1 vitamins and kelp when transplating..maybe some micorrizia

As far as nutrients when transplanting..some people transplant carefully and simply water thm in. I like to use b1 vitamins and kelp when transplating..maybe some micorrizia
Good call on transplant carefully, a good transplant is the whole world for some plants. Roots are tough but don't like disturbance!

Megacrop, gonna try floraflex nutrients soon but liked megacrop a lot. Not organic tho, not sure if it matters
I use fox farm, but only big bloom an microbe brew is truly organic as far as I know. I'm wanting to implement these 2 foods, but I'm lookin around for organic base nutes(s) Any recommendations of a good organic grow an bloom nute?

Natures nectar makes great organic bottled nutes. Been using for 10 years. OMRI and CFDA organic

Geoflora makes a great dry ammendment, they offer samples for like 7.99 shipping. Also a sponsor.

Down to Earth is great. I'd recommend the general use, bone meal, kelp meal.
@Jay2323 Nectar for the Gods is great, They also do samples for a low shipping cost. Although I highly recommend staying away from liquid/bottled fertilizer since they cost so much in the end over dry amendments, but one does not work better than the other, Nectar for the Gods and my super soil mix create the exact same results.

Also, always ease into them, some breeders need very little nutes, I know seedsmans strains in my experience, all use very low nutes in soil

Back
Top Bottom