Obama: Pot Users In Washington And Colorado Not A 'Top Priority'

Truth Seeker

President Barack Obama said prosecuting pot users in states that have legalized the drug won't be a top priority for his administration.

"We've got bigger fish to fry," Obama told ABC News' Barbara Walters. "It would not make sense for us to see a top priority as going after recreational users in states that have determined that it's legal."

Last month, voters in Colorado and Washington legalized recreational pot use for adults, though marijuana remains illegal under federal law.

The Obama administration suggested last week that it was considering plans to undermine the voter initiatives. In his interview with Walters, Obama did not say whether his administration would go after producers and suppliers of marijuana in those states. The administration has cracked down extensively on the medical marijuana industry in California, despite its legality under state law there.

A slim majority of Americans want the Department of Justice to leave pot smokers alone in the states where the drug has been legalized, according to a HuffPost/YouGov poll.

Obama himself smoked pot as a youngster in Hawaii, where he and his high school pals called themselves the Choom Gang.

"There are a bunch of things I did that I regret when I was a kid," he told Walters. "My attitude is, substance abuse generally is not good for our kids, not good for our society."

Obama.jpeg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: huffingtonpost.com
Author: Arthur Delaney
Website: Obama: Pot Users In Washington And Colorado Not A 'Top Priority'

"what happened to the policy they came up with in 2009??"

he says anything to anybody to votes. Not that Romney isn't the same.

we only had one pre-primary choice and one general election choice and too few people were enlightened enough to vote for them. Everyone was in fear that Obama or Romney would win and instead of voting for who they really wanted to win voted for the guy who they thought would suck the least.

Much ado about nothing....

Chck out Mike Riggs' 12/14/12 article on it at reason.com.

I would only add that the POTUS' two policy priorities are national defense and the economy--the latter of which is driven by many factors including American worker productivity--which big business believes will suffer with cannabis legalization.

Big business is probably right on that.

We Americans love our rocking false economy; and like addicted rats, we'll kill ourselves to push the lever that delivers little boxes with a smile on the side.

I and others...maybe all of us have different priorities than to be another high performing gear in this dysfunctional machine.

Back
Top Bottom