Oh oh: just found open pollen sacs

Hey 420 folks. Looks like one of my males decided to open up some pollen sacs. Unfortunately, it opened up a day before I brought them inside. It was probably about 50 feet away from my females but some of my plants are about 2-3 weeks into flower and it was a breezy day. Is it likely they are pollinated? How can I tell if they are pollinated? Or do I need to wait for to see how the buds form? Needless to say, I'm bummed at the possibility that I may have pollinated all the plants currently in flower.
20200627_180514.jpg

Why were you keeping the males?
I actually wanted to keep some pollen from these males. They are a high CBD variety and I wanted to play around with creating some crosses. I honestly was not expecting them to mature so quickly. It seems like within 7-10 days they went from showing their sex to opening up. I was surprised! I didn't have the indoor tent setup yet so I just had them outside but separated.

The white stretching pistil will wither and turn red/brown. If the pistils remain white they didnt get zapped. What was the direction of the wind? If the girls were upwind they likely didnt get it

The white stretching pistil will wither and turn red/brown. If the pistils remain white they didnt get zapped. What was the direction of the wind? If the girls were upwind they likely didnt get it
I will take a much closer look later this afternoon. Appreciate the wisdom.

Looks pollinated to me. Shriveled and red. Look for them to swell with seed over the next 5 weeks.

These are outside if I remember correctly.
Yes, these are outside. I'm bummed. But it's part of learning so I've got to accept it. I can still make some amazing oils with what I harvest.

Hopefully, the plants that haven't flowered yet don't get any from anyone else growing in my area that chooses to keep some males around.
:nervous-guy::nervous-guy::nervous-guy:

Yes, these are outside. I'm bummed. But it's part of learning so I've got to accept it. I can still make some amazing oils with what I harvest.

Hopefully, the plants that haven't flowered yet don't get any from anyone else growing in my area that chooses to keep some males around.
:nervous-guy::nervous-guy::nervous-guy:
Its not the end of the world. You can still smoke it. Just take the seeds out.

Almost everything we got in the 70s and 80s had some seed. Sensimillia was a rare treat.

You kids today are spoiled.

Think of it this way. Now youre a breeder with a new cross to experiment with.

Back
Top Bottom