Ok how to plant and plant mix

Bacondoggy

The "sprout" down, right? 1" down? I just got 2 sprouts (bag seeds) these are my first ever what should I plant them in and I have no lighting should I grab a cfl put it in a small pot to take outside? What should much mix be? I have organic soil manure perlite peat all mixed together will that be fine? I also have fish emulsion and worm casings. Should I put the worm casings around and on top of the seed and hold off on fish fert?
And what temp range shoukd I keep it in? As humid as possible also?

I would highly reccomended taking a few hours/ days/ weeks/ months to read up a little on growing cannabis. There is a great section of the forum here that will answer a lot of those questions without causing a lot of confusion.

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!
How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know

Welcome to the site!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

My gf knocked over one in a little Dixie cup and THREW IT AWAY. Now I have just one that hasn't sprouted yet.

The world does not CARE how much you know, until they know how much u care.

The "sprout" down, right? 1" down? I just got 2 sprouts (bag seeds) these are my first ever what should I plant them in and I have no lighting should I grab a cfl put it in a small pot to take outside? What should much mix be? I have organic soil manure perlite peat all mixed together will that be fine? I also have fish emulsion and worm casings. Should I put the worm casings around and on top of the seed and hold off on fish fert?
And what temp range shoukd I keep it in? As humid as possible also?
Hi there Bacon doggy (excellent name) I'll try to help as much as I can I'm still quite new myself.

The basics as I know them.

Temperature needs to be 27 degrees approx 70f depending how you measure temperature, come night time you want it to be around 21 but some plants can take the cold better.

Then there's humidity which will need to sit around 50-60 when veg and below 40 when flowering (I didn't take this into consideration on my first so this is down to you)

If its sunny where you live at the moment id recommend popping them outside but take them in at night, they are going to need 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness in the sprouting/veg state.

I use cfl lights and currently have two week old sprouts under a 125w bulb they work fine but you will need to have a fan to stop the area from heating up to much,you would be surprised how well a simple cardboard box lined with foil can do when your on a budget and beginning I would recommend making your own sealed off little space but you got to have ventilation otherwise it's just stale warm air.

The Is another advantage to having a enclosed space is you control the world inside, light water temp etc all at your command instead of waiting on good old mother nature.

Your soil mix sounds like it will be fine just make sure you don't compact it too much and you'll be fine. Can't help with worm castings haven't got around too that yet.

Try not to stress out about it, sounds like hippie talk but plants can feel the bad vibes.

When you get your lights sorted the biggest piece of advice I can give you is MAKE SURE ITS SECURED correctly and won't fall down, it happened to me and I lost two out of three of my first batch burned them to shrivels!

I hope this helps you bud, I've subscribed to try and offer more help but I'm still learning!

Try not to over mix nitro base ingredients(wormcast,manure....) at most 1/5 works for me. Nitrogen can cause toxicity and will harm your crop. Having less nute in soil can be corrected by using bio or synthetic fertilizers,but too much nute is hard to correct.
As for light i started with cfl, moved to 400w mh, and now i use 1000w mh and sodiums for veg and flower with great results. Keep in mind your yield is relative to light you use, so more light equals more yield as long as the light source-plant distance is correct(put your hand at top of plant level, if your hand is not uncortable then your plant is ok.) and the heat created by your light is corrected by fans, air cond. or any other mean.
Sunlight can be the best light source if you can get enough time of it.
Last advice, secure your environment, pests, pets, friends, and yourself could be the worsth enemy!
Good luck bro :)

What about those emergency space blankets? They are probably cheap. Where do u get them, wal-mart? I see no name brand 150 and 300 w grow lights. I know the output is not 300w (for example I found 3 300w types one has like 132 or so leds and I have no idea how that equals 300w, but out of the other 2, one has 100 3w leds, the other has 60 5w leds. 2 of the 3 even say actual output is around 130 -145w, which is still way bright for led lighting. Is that overkill for like 2-3 plants? I dunno how many I will get and I hope I get at least 2 females!

The world does not CARE how much you know, until they know how much u care.

Hi there Bacon doggy (excellent name)
When you get your lights sorted the biggest piece of advice I can give you is MAKE SURE ITS SECURED correctly and won't fall down, it happened to me and I lost two out of three of my first batch burned them to shrivels!

I hope this helps you bud, I've subscribed to try and offer more help but I'm still learning!
Thanks! What do you mean secured correctly? Like tie the branches so the plant doesn't get too top heavy without support? I dunno if I'm going to journal, but this was my original post just in case u wanted more info.

First Grow - Low Budget - Advice Welcome

Nah I meant secure the lights properly so they don't fall down! Haha mine fell on my plant in the early days
Lol oh geez. Thanks lol I just have them propped and that almost happened this morning

Back
Top Bottom