Only 1 gram per watt? Ha!

This blue monster holk 2 1/2 weeks into 12/12 looks like it has a few grams on it.....
0011205.JPG
0031145.JPG

It's not about you man. Let's be honest, as a group, HID growers are overstating their g/w and LED growers are understating g/w.

this makes sense. I know that going into LED growing I was very conscious of every watt going into my system. People who are interested in LED's are going to be, in general, the most interested in the actual watt usage of their entire grow because that's the big claim to fame that LED's have. when you look at LED's you have to consider not only the lower wattage lights, but the lack of air conditioning as well.

Many people forget to include the wattage of those light movers, the fans/air pumps, water pumps in hydro, air conditioners etc. I feel that the most likely people to do an over all watt analysis is an LED grower. Then there is using CO2, how many watts does that translate to?

I think the most interesting figure would be grams/square foot dedicated to growing (as in the entire room) and grams/dollar spent on input (watts, nutes, water, CO2). that would very by your area, but still, it would be more interesting than a simple "grams per light wattage"

Im actuallyjust shooting off my mouth lol. Hes right , I don't actually count all wattage when you look at it that way.. I just love growing killer bud and if youm were sitting here with me right now id GIVE you a big ass bag of it... Keep it greene :peace: and by the way I didn't get 4480 g that's what I was shooting for got about 3650 g and 500 g popcorn (hash ) buds:Namaste:

interesting... its really not complicated. we just use the gpw as a yardstick of sorts... its nothing to get heated over- except when ppl start getting personal- although some ppl take accusations more seriously(as do i), esp considering how they would react in actual life to such a challenge(=honesty).

IMHO it is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT if you are using HID, fluoro's/cfl's or LED's- the same applies as a yardstick to all light systems BUT CAN BE MODIFIED to suit individual set ups or systems, grow space etc.

the 1 gpw device is simply something of a universal measure of what is possible and is GENERALLY measuring the dried weight(grams) against the wattage OF THE LIGHTS BEING USED NOT the total watts of every appliance and device being used to compliment the grow, as these GREATLY vary from grower to grower and grow room to grow room- depending on specific needs-THE WATTS REMAIN THE ONE CONSTANT across the board that contributes to dried weight!! it is measuring how much dry bud one can achieve from a certain amount of watts. this SHOULD be quite clear. as an upcoming grower myself i want to know how much dried weight i can achieve from a 400w, 600w or 1kw light- if i want to strive for a pound per plant, how many LIGHTS will i need to accomplish this?? ah, here is the crux of the matter right here.. other factors such as co2 enrichment can add to weight of course but is not included in the base result more an addition/compliment to the base result

personally i find the whole issue of "gpw" as being absolutely superfluous to anything of real significance to growing cannabis.. we all know that there are DOZENS and DOZENS of multi cup winners that yield quite diverse dried weight, some heavy yielders, some not.. does it matter at all that this plant didnt yield 1gpw?? NO! there are some EXCEPTIONAL strains that have won multi cups that will NO WAY YIELD 1gpw!(depending) the gpw has simply become something to strive for NOt an exact rule of thumb to define the efficiency of one type of light over another.

simply put, if one has achieved 1gpw(of light being used) then one can say that they have done well and achieved a goal.. it also alludes to cost effectiveness ime. if they didnt achieve that 1gpw, and KNOW they have a great yielding plant(e.g. critical mass, thc bomb etc) then they KNOW they can improve their grow methods in some way and do more research into being able to take that plant to their max potential.

so it has its uses as a yardstick

can someone explain this? i just bought a damn 5 watt energey saver bulb i know im not just gonna get 5 g's lol can someone help me with this bullshittery

Back
Top Bottom