Opinions please on my grow plan and input on media to use

Purple Goose

Okay so lets start this with what I have for space and equipment the climate of the room presently without plants .

Okay I have a room 9'x7'x7' it is L shaped however so I will be utilizing only a 5' x 7' section of the room wich will be completely mylar covered all walls and ceiling but will have to make a mylar curtain that will be 4' wide 7' high to enclose all ends with reflective material.

Okay for Lighting I have a 1000w switchable ballast mh/hps in a sun system yield master 2 6" air cooled reflector. Exhaust is a 350cfm vortex fan pulling the heated air from the ceiling thru the reflector and is piped out of the room into an odorsok carbon filter. Have a 10" 3 speed oscilating fan for in room air circulation. Intake is passive have installed a vented duct in the rooms main door and created a light trap by placing a 90 degree elbow at the bottom and extending a 3' 6"duct up the door , have checked entire room so far and no light leaks.

The climate of the room presently without plants is 64 with the light out and 73 when light is on running the exhaust fan 24/7. Rh is 30% without any plants in the room. And am wondering if the temps remain about the same and if the RH will rise much anyone who has records of there room climate before and after bringing in plants would be helpful to see the resulting changes as it will help me establish a baseline as to what I can expect.

Now where I need serious opinions is on what would be a decent potting mix to use that wont kill my pocket book I am considering either Promix BX or HP or Sunshine mix #4 all are listed as being good for propogating cuttings,seedlings,potted plants,vegetable etc etc has a light nutrient charge.The one final media I am considering but as I am a totally new grower am not sure if it will be hard for a noob. The one I was considering is sunshine mix #6 has no nutrient charge so once plants are a weeks old I would have to start feeding them.

Now for nutes I was gifted a large supply of GH Grow,Micro,and flora actually 5 gal of each so also hoping someone who has used these nutrients can give opinion on how well it will go with the soils I am considering.

Also need final input as to which of the strains I had gifted to me would be best for a new grower to begin with . The strains I have available are all feminized seeds and are White widow,Himalyain Gold,Super Silver Haze,Jack Herer,Armegeddon,Super Crystal and finally SOme unknow strain Provided to me by Health Canada which is supposed to be an indica hybrid and according to the annalysis reports of the crops they have grow will produce buds with a thc content between 12-15% so would be considered a moderate to high strength strain by the seed banks I have looked into.

So of the medias I listed which do you think would be best and safest way to go for a noob .

Which of my strains would be best noob plant/plants to start with.

And finally in a 5 x 7 area with a 1000w mh/hps light how many plants could I get in here max if I was to veg for 4-6 weeks .

Once I get a few peoples input on these topics I will be all ready to start germinating .

MMAR Licence Authorized to posses and Personal use production licence holder.

I used the GH micro, bloom, and grow because I had them given to me. I used promix on that grow. They worked fine. The cheapest medium on your pocket book would be to mix your own. Promix or sunshine mix would work fine. With that medium and those nutes, just make sure you flush from time to time. I flushed about every two weeks on that grow.

All the Sunshine Mix are soiless.
Sunshine Mix #3 is very good for cloning, the #4 is good for vegging and flowering.
Any indica's are good to try for indoor. You'll probably be able to get 15 or so plants in your area. A lot of it depends on how big you want them to get.

Going with 15 plants thats giving 2square feet of space for each plant and with 6 weeks of veg after first giving them one week from the time they pop from the seed under 4 x 43w 6500kelvin flourescent lights about 1 week and then put cuttings to root under the same bulb after the clones are rooted and seedllings have groen there 2nd or thrird set of leaves then I move them to the grow room under 1k of mh light for 6 weeks or untill they are able to 1/2 -3/4 fill the screen so once they go to flower they will yeild 3-6 oz each so should be enough to keep me going between crops.

Here is a tip from someone that started 16 plants in a 4x8 tent, don't try that many plants in your 5x7 space. 10-12 max. My tent is packed tight and it will cut down on my yeild. You will have no room to work on the plants while in the grow area. You will have to pull them out to feed/water and care for them. A single 1000 watt lamp will be marginal in that space and plant count. 6 weeks of veg will produce some large plants. I intended to veg for 6 weeks but after 32 days they were almost 2ft tall. Now 3 weeks into 12/12 flower and the are over 4ft no including the pots. Too tall for my tent. If headroom is not an issue veg them big. If you are at all limited start flowering at about 18" or less. My tent has a 7ft ceiling height but you lose about 10" to the lights and then 5-gallon buckets are about 18" tall. Leaves less than 5ft for plants before they touch the lights. 10-12 nice full plants will yeild more than 15 cramped plants.

oh I should explain that the 5 x 7 space is also 7'high but this space is actually cordoned off by a temporary wall that I can move in seconds so the entire space I have for working in is 9' x 7' x 7' and there is also a 2 x 3' x 7' closet in this space that i am using as a nursery for week old seedlings and rooted cuttings which I have a 150w cfl 6500k bulb in a bright wing reflector for week old seedlings and rooted cuttings which will spend another 10 days in this area also my mothers are on the floor level of my nursery under a second 150w bright wing reflector. And for Starting seedlings and rooting clones I have a second pantry 6'L 2'D 18"H which is lite by a 4' shoplite with 4 43w bulbs at 6500k for a total of 172 whats for 8 square feet or 20w per square foot. Which I have found is perfect for starting seedlings and after they get there second set of leaves then they hit the 150w cfl grow light which is about 28000 lumens. SO I was planing on making 2 rows 5 x 3 in scrog grw with a foot up the centerl. Sopefully I will be able grow enoujgh to cover my scrip of 4 oz per moth or 50 oz per year but want to get more like 60 or so and turn the excess into hash.

well i agree with the less is more theory. although i have 20 plants in a 4x6x7 space. i think my plants stretch cause they are fighting for light. im going to be cutting that # in half this next run and see if i can yeild as much with less plants. we will see. good luck on your grow.

okay will give it a try with 15 plants max tht way I can keep 5 mother plants so i can have 5 different strains as I already have genetics for white widow,super crystal.
,armageddeon,himalayain gold,jack herer and super silver haze I have the ability to have a variety of buds but if i am gonna do silver haze it says its flowering times is 14 weeks and the plants can get to 7+feet so I figure if I grow these it will be as experiments in scrog growing with just a couple of these plants seeing as they grow into monster size plants

Back
Top Bottom