OR: One Toke Over The Line?

Katelyn Baker

A sign of the times...

In addition to jams, jellies, pies, squash, and tomatoes, the upcoming Oregon State Fair has a new entry in the fruit-vegetable-recipe competitions.

Pot is now a legitimate agricultural product - at least in Oregon - so fairgoers in The Beaver State will now see nine varieties of weed competing for the blue ribbon as Oregon's Best Marijuana. Given the nature of the new cash crop, there will be some adjustments involved; the plants will be displayed in a secured area, there is a minimum age of 21 to get in, and the public will not be allowed to sample the goodies. There will be a panel of "marijuana experts" assigned as judges.

Two questions come to mind:

How does one become an official "marijuana expert," and would regular and knowledgeable consumption of the product (if you catch my drift) be part of the required skill set?

How would one judge which entry is "best," unless the crop was directly evaluated (if you catch my drift, part 2)? I suppose the judges would examine color, size, overall health and appearance of the plant, etc., but at some point...

I hope somebody remembers to bring the papers.

credAustinJenkins1.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: One Toke Over The Line?
Author: Mark Wainwright
Photo Credit: Austin Jenkins

Back
Top Bottom