Order HPS system in Canada?

D

Dr.Ernie

Hey,
I've been working on my growbox, well more growcabinet, for a while now and everything's ready except I'm missing a light kit. Its been about 2 weeks now I'm looking around but I can't find anything. Could anyone direct me to an online shop that's preferably in Canada, or if not, has decent shipping rates to Canada. I'm trying to avoid Ebay, and I insidesun.com charges 85$US to ship to Canada. I just want a small kit 200W HPS lamp, ballast and small reflector (not really needed, but a plus) and want to pay max 200$ plus shipping. Can someone please help me out so I can get these plants growing!! :grinjoint:

Thats a good question and I am sure someone will be along shortly to help you out!! I just noticed that this is your first post and wanted to give you a warm hello and nice to see you here!

Thanks Nocuous, I've been on this site reading up on growing for a while now. Great site!

I've checked a few more sites, it seems the ballast is what brings up the cost of shipping so much. From one site, I could get the bulbs (HPS, MH conversion), reflector and the ballast parts without the housing for 40$shipping. Then when I took out that ballast and added one with the housing and wiring, the shipping jumped up to 80$. Those things must be heavy! If anyone knows even an american store that ships to Canada for under 40$, I'd be happy. :p

Keep your eyes open on ebay man, you can find some great deals for complete set-ups. but what you found is actually a great deal for a set-up. One of my bulbs is like $250cdn and the other probably $100-150cdn. Not to mention the cost of two conversion ballasts, reflectors, exhaust system and an ionizer air machine to clean air particles and smell. Plus I'm also thinking about what they call an ozone light that kills smell particles right out of the air. Maybe another 600w hps and some lighting tracks, but this is all for about 15-20 large indoor plants, so you see it's rather expensive but if you find a deal like yours take it.

Back
Top Bottom