Outdoor Budding In August?

JackKnife

I have a strange thing going on in my outdoor grow. It is the middle of August (in Texas) and I have already had to pull two males and the rest of the plants look like they are beginning to flower. They are about five feet tall and have been in the ground for about 3 months. Oh, and its my first grow so I used seeds from some el cheapo weed. How is it possible for my plants to start the flower cycle when the days are still way longer than 12 hrs?

Thanks for your reply. The plants do have alot of brush around them so I will have to check in the morning and afternoon to see how long its getting full sun. I just mixed in Miracle Grow potting soil with the natural soil and about two weeks ago I used a fish emulsion solution. I will try to get access to a camera and post some pics. Oh and by the way I dont really mind that they are starting early - just means I dont have to wait as long. Anybody else have any thoughts?

The reasons are:
-most plants require an hour or 2 LESS than 12 hours of darkness to induce flowering. Indoors I use a 13/11 cycle for flowering, many strains will start flowering on a 14/10 light cycle.
-Light at dawn and dusk is not usuable light for marijuana. In a grow room the lights are full power within a minute or less of being turned on.

Although I have several plants outside that started to flower about a month ago, Aug. is when outdoor marijuana usually begins to flower.

P.S. to Growing Slow: flowering nutrients have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with inducing flowering.

Thanx again for the good info. So everything is normal and I dont have something wierd going on. Thats fantastic. I should be harvesting in a few weeks then. I really thought I was going to have to wait till october to harvest, but it makes sense what slow grow and ranger said about the outside light not being constant like in an indoor grow. Anyone else have experience with summer buds?

Flowering has to do with light cycles.
During the first 3 weeks of flowering grower should continue to use veg nutes. The first 3 weeks in when the "stretch" occurs--a period of dramatic increase in height. The plant needs the high N content of a veg nute to do this.
After the first 3 weeks the plants energies go into bud production; this requires lots of P.
So continue to supply the plant with enough N during the first 3 weeks of flowering.
After that you can cut N wayway down, but I wouldn't cut it to zero except during the last 2 weeks of course.

JackKnife said:
Thanx again for the good info. So everything is normal and I dont have something wierd going on. Thats fantastic. I should be harvesting in a few weeks then. I really thought I was going to have to wait till october to harvest, but it makes sense what slow grow and ranger said about the outside light not being constant like in an indoor grow. Anyone else have experience with summer buds?

Flowering is on average a 2 month process bro, your still going to be waiting till atleast the end of September, most likely October.

usually early october in illanoise

I live in Virginia Southwest Virginia I planted in late April here it is in August and I haven't started to see any buds all I see is like little tops all over my plate I have three and five gallon containers they're about 4 and 1/2 ft tall bushy and have them little tops all over the plate right am I doing wrong

I really need some advice on my plants this is the first year I have grown weed and need to find out exactly what I need to do and what I'm doing wrong thank you so much

I really need some advice on my plants this is the first year I have grown weed and need to find out exactly what I need to do and what I'm doing wrong thank you so much
You should put up a post with pics in FAQ.
You'll get a lot more responses there, and we'll be able to see what's going on.

I have a strange thing going on in my outdoor grow. It is the middle of August (in Texas) and I have already had to pull two males and the rest of the plants look like they are beginning to flower. They are about five feet tall and have been in the ground for about 3 months. Oh, and its my first grow so I used seeds from some el cheapo weed. How is it possible for my plants to start the flower cycle when the days are still way longer than 12 hrs?
Man some strains start sooner than others these started in the beginning of the month im already feeding them super bloom

20220819_064455.jpg

20220819_081923.jpg

Back
Top Bottom