Outdoor grower i am

baystreet

:peace: while having been a lurker on here a while....I wasnt quite equipped to journal my last outdoor grow..funds.. timing.. im sure you all know what thats like lol..last yr i put out 50 clones.. half died ..now i look back it was yellowing stems, leaves an all..by the time a bud told me of agricultural lime.. it was to late..an do to my newbie experience.. half again died..but the upside was the remainder survived well beyond my wildest dreams... ok so now to the meat of the subject...:bong: I have ordered some endless sky packets from a sponsor here...last time i bought clones of unknown origin... this yr i want to take charge start to finish..lol i have read lots on here about seedlings..an sexing .. an cloning..so to begin withi have 2 closets one 5'x8'x3 an one 3'x4'x8...one for mothers an one for cloning...but basically whats needed to know...how long after the clones rooted can i transplant outside..i know its early january but i wish to be well prepared for may..lol.. an i will be going with cfl's ty for all your help....peace,pot an flowers

:cool: ty racefan... i will keep a journal this yr.... i am patiently waiting for my seeds...preparation is half the battle.... an good ol mother nature is the other half.:grinjoint:

:thanks: for the great reading material here... i finally recieved my seeds from a sponsor here...kudos on a wicked site guys...much appreciated :) Tonight marks my start of germination.... will keep a journal thro out the process.... hope to be as sucessful as boss's poor man's grow... god knows im a lil green around the edges..... just wish it would rub off on my thumbs:peace:

:thanks: for the great reading material here... i finally recieved my seeds from a sponsor here...kudos on a wicked site guys...much appreciated :) Tonight marks my start of germination.... will keep a journal thro out the process.... hope to be as sucessful as boss's poor man's grow... god knows im a lil green around the edges..... just wish it would rub off on my thumbs:peace:
You'll do fine. Keep up the reading and question asking and you can't go wrong

talk to me about using lime, please. I keep asking my hubby to use it as our soil is acidic. The first year I planted was with a gal pal and she insisted on lime, we haven't used it since that was 3 seasons ago. We have never tested the pH of the soil, but there is a lot of pine and fir here and broken down granite.

ok judia for myself... when growing out doors.. i had my plants in a cedar area... with a foot of natural soil/clay an bedrock.. i know not the optimum growing condtions...with the cedars making soil to acidic... i lost half of my clones... but agricultural lime..bout $16.00 a box prices vary but readily available at any nursery ..sprinkle a handful or two around base of plant... an let mother nature take care of the rest...was my recipe for sucess the next time i went to check in on my babies... what yellowing conditions had reversed to a lovely shade of green

TY DaMagoMan .... day 2 of germination... will wait till tommorrow afternoon to check for sprout rate..(keeping fingers crossed) hopefully the wet paper towel trick an a lil warmth is all i need to get this off the ground :slide:

ok so a lil update...seeds from sponsor went well 2 seeds germinated within 24hrs..an 4 more have been poppin tap roots ..so outta 6 i germinated 4 have come thro...still waiting to see if the other two are gonna be fruitful..lol... today i noticed a lil bug....black with zebra colours on sides of it?... what the hell kinda bug is that?... i thought it was an ant...but i highly doubt it...LOL...now to see if i can post a shitty pic..:peace:

Doesn't lime make the soil more acidic? I think you need something more like vinegar to make your soil more alkaline

42020.jpg

ok its a lil bright but you get the general idea...lol as soon as i fix up camera settings better things will come..lol..ok now is it possible for preflowers to show after 2 or 3 sets of leaves?... they look like 2 hairs... or is it another shoot ready to pop out?.. ill see if i can post a pic properly next time:grinjoint:

:peace:... ok now if i can figure out how to crop a pic...lol.... i have 3 nodes on 3 germinated seedlings... an i think i have preflowers...is it uncommon to have preflowers after 3 nodes?...:grinjoint:

:cool: the seeds are endless sky....from Dr. Greenthumb: Cannabis Sativa, Seeds, Indica, Marijuana Weed, Growing Culture................ i seen he was a well respected sponsor from here...lil side note... 3 outta 5 plants have 5 nodes... an side branches in between .. things are looking nice an healthy,short an bushy.... as well as i have upgraded to t5 lighting... added domlite rocks to bottom of planter(fossilzed rocks) an bottom feeding

:rollit: ok so how soon does one have to give nutrients..02/08/09 transplanted 3 of 5 to permenant home(mothers in planters) as well as mixed nutes weak ..directions say 1 tbs per liter... so i went 1 tbs per 4 liters....how soon does one have to feed em nutes? once a week? every other week? once every 4 weeks? Pure Blend Pro Grow 3-1.5-4 vegetative formula.. ok i see... right on bottom... for best results.... use every watering ..lol... hehe answered my own Q....

how old are your plants? 3-4 weeks is a good time to start with you dose. ill feed every week or 2, really depends on your plant. try and feed as much as you can and it burns then back off a bit.

TY GreenMonkey...seedlings in potters 01/18/09......transplant to perm home 02/08/09... so not quite 4 weeks... but 3 outta 5 are 5 nodes an 6 with branches inbetween the nodes... i gave em nutes on 02/08/09...very weak dose...local hydro dude said to go easy first dose.. an step it up a lil as ya go..but directions say... use every watering...in 5 gallon potters...i guess ill try watering once a week... an see how it goes from there..

Back
Top Bottom